06 July 2006

Resignation

Incline thine ear unto Me, and let thine ear be attuned to My voice. For lo, I would speak to thee, and I have an urgent message to give thee.

Go not about to establish thine own designs. Lo, I have already set in motion My divine will and purpose and I would not have thee interfere. I am jealous about My children: Lo, they are Mine, saith the Lord; and ye shall not intrude in any way such as would hinder My plans from working out. Yea, ye may do many things, but only that which I direct thee to do can have My blessing upon it.

Resign all into My hands -- thy loved ones as well as thine own self. Be obedient to the still small voice. Thine own imaginings may speak more loudly, but wait upon Me always. Ye shall see the wisdom and the glory in this in due time. Fret not about carnal things, but concern thyself first and always about spiritual values. Truly, My promise is still: 'Seek ye
first the Kingdom of God, and all other needful things shall be added unto thee.'

From
Come Away My Beloved, by Frances J. Roberts

3 Comments:

At 06 July, 2006 14:14, Blogger Angie said...

I do NOT like reading this stuff, and I know it is because it is a lesson that God has to teach me over and over again! I need to be reminded daily to hand it over.

 
At 06 July, 2006 15:36, Blogger Redeemed said...

Good reminder about surrendering your all to the Lord. Amen.

 
At 07 July, 2006 04:51, Blogger Carey said...

*laughs* Sorry, Angie. But I must say from personal experience that resignation is (1) very freeing and (2) it's amazing to see God work when you get out of the way. Surrender is hard (especially for people like me), but the blessings that come forth are to be desired!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home