21 July 2006

I could have danced all night...

Jer and I just returned home from swing dance lessons. It was so much fun! We learned the Lindy Hop tonight. Poor Jer was uncomfortable because he didn't like the way these people taught and preferred Jason's tutelage, so I stopped where he felt comfortable and we went to the back of the gym to practice the basic steps. He got stubborn at times, to which I threatened to dump him for another guy. That fixed it -- he doesn't like me dancing with other guys.

The unfortunate thing about the two of us learning new dance steps at the same time is that I learn faster than he does -- which is bad because he's supposed to be the one leading. We've always struggled with this. Growing up, I was always the leader, but now I'm trying to step down and help him learn how to lead (in more than just dancing). I think this will be good for him. He's going to make such an awesome boyfriend/husband some day. Jer is one of the most intuitive and sensitive guys I know.

But I'm getting off the subject by bragging about my brother. The first hour was spent learning new dance steps; afterwards was free dancing, so Jer and I tore up the floor with the Jitterbug, the pretzel, and of course -- the floor spin*. No one else could do that, so I think that gave Jer a little more confidence. I could have danced another hour or two, but Jer wanted to come home to set up his new computer. Guys... That's okay, because I'm really sore from working out for an hour yesterday and then dancing for an hour and a half today. Please excuse me while I go into rigormortis.

*video coming soon

5 Comments:

At 21 July, 2006 21:32, Blogger ~*Joyzey*~ said...

Haha. yeah, I"ve done just about the same thing with my bro. btw, some how it worked out that you and I are the same age, and so are our little brothers!

Yeah, getting the younger bro to lead can be hard when you know what's going on and they don't. I don't know what kind of dance they tought us down here. They just called it 'swing'.

Ok, yes, I have to get your email address or SN for something. You are just too cool to just leave it at comments! lol

 
At 21 July, 2006 21:33, Blogger ~*Joyzey*~ said...

Haha. yeah, I"ve done just about the same thing with my bro. btw, some how it worked out that you and I are the same age, and so are our little brothers!

Yeah, getting the younger bro to lead can be hard when you know what's going on and they don't. I don't know what kind of dance they tought us down here. They just called it 'swing'.

Ok, yes, I have to get your email address or SN for something. You are just too cool to just leave it at comments! lol

 
At 21 July, 2006 22:24, Blogger Angie said...

...I could have danced all night
And still have begged for more!
I could have spread my wings
And done a thousand things
I've never done before.
I'll never know what made it so exciting,
Why all at once my heart took flight,
I only know when he began to dance with me
I could have danced, danced, danced all night.

Sorry. Couldn't help myself. ;)

 
At 22 July, 2006 04:19, Blogger Redeemed said...

Sounds like fun, Carey. Can't wait to see the video! ;)

 
At 22 July, 2006 09:01, Blogger Carey said...

Joy, that is too cool! You can get my e-mail address (or any other contect info) from Jason.

Angie... haha. You took the bait!

Sarah, it was TONS of fun. I'll try to get the video soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home