21 July 2006

A Yielded Vessel

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. (Romans 12:1-2, ESV)

"Mine is the wisdom and the honor and the power and the glory and shall be so forever and ever. I make the nations to rise and I make the kingdoms to fall, but My throne shall be established in Zion and My righteousness throughout all the earth...

Be aware of Me. I can accomplish great things through even one yielded, believing vessel. Remember David, and how I wrought a great victory for the armies of Israel through his courage, when all others where paralyzed by fear.

Move on, nor even entertain the thought of retreat. Others may actually be going forward on the very path that would be for thee a retreat. They are not responsible to give Me the kind of service I ask of thee. Keep your eyes on Me, as I have counselled thee so many times before.

I have special expeditionary forces, and what if I have called thee to join these ranks? Don't look for company of many others. Much of the way ye shall go entirely alone except for My presence." (From Come Away My Beloved, by Frances J. Roberts)

Share in suffering as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No soldier gets entangled in civilian pursuits, since his aim is to please the one who enlisted him. (2 Timothy 2:3-4, ESV)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home