07 July 2006

WOW Moment

Last night at women's Bible study I had one of those WOW moments. During my morning devotions I read about resignation (as previously posted) and then read Romans 8:28 during my afternoon devotions. Guess what was taught and quoted during Bible study that night?

It's truly amazing to see how God orchestrates things like that. Obviously, He was getting the message across to me that I need to resign my will to His. There are some things in my life that I need to let go of -- Isaacs I need to lay on the alter -- things I so greatly desire but must sacrifice. It is the hardest thing in the world to relinquish something close to your heart, but until you give it up completely you cannot have it. When you refuse to let go of something you have already lost it because you will not surrender it to God -- you can only gain something by losing it first.

I know that whatever God does, it shall be forever. Nothing can be added to it, and nothing taken from it. God does it, that men should fear before Him. (Ecclesiastes 3:14)

Blessed
are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD! Blessed are those who keep His testimonies, who seek Him with the whole heart! (Psalm 119:1-2)

2 Comments:

At 07 July, 2006 15:12, Blogger Angie said...

I definitely know the feeling! Sometimes God really knows how to get our attention by repetition!

 
At 07 July, 2006 16:24, Blogger Redeemed said...

WOW moment indeed. It's amazing how the Lord speaks to us at times!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home