15 April 2006

QUIET!!!

I am at the TWU library today with the intentions of a long stint of quiet study time. Around 10:30 AM, the fire alarms went off and everyone had to evacuate the building. I only had time to grab my wallet and run down the stairs and out the front door -- leaving my laptop, cellphone, and books behind. No one knew whether it was a test or a real emergency, so we stood anxiously outside. Turns out, it wasn't a fire drill, but nothing happened. No one knows what made the alarms go off.

Obviously, I am back with my lap top and all is well, but I think I am partially deaf now. Those alarms were loud.

7 Comments:

At 15 April, 2006 12:11, Blogger RobertDWood said...

Haha. Was it one of those places where doors start closing when the alarms sound?

 
At 15 April, 2006 13:05, Blogger Carey said...

They opened, not closed, but there were flashing lights and doors randomly opening and loud sirens going off. Bizarre.

 
At 15 April, 2006 14:30, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Not much fun.

 
At 15 April, 2006 15:41, Blogger Carey said...

Actually, it was rather exciting. Someone mentioned something about a bomb threat.

 
At 15 April, 2006 17:03, Blogger Redeemed said...

Two weeks ago there was a bomb planted at a Tim Hortons coffee shop in Toronto, and the only person that died was the one who strapped himself to the bomb. How dumb.

And how aweful, who would want to blow up all that precious coffee!!!!!!

I too had a fire alarm souding today. It all happened in my mouth with my spicy Mexican food!

 
At 15 April, 2006 18:53, Blogger Carey said...

Oh my goodness. Bombing coffee is a terrible crime! But seriously, I feel sorry for the guy who died -- even if he was being stupid.

LOL, Sarah. Mexican food isn't that spicy to me, but I guess that's because I grew up with it. I think Thai food is really spicy. Makes my nasal passages clear instantly and my eyes water... and I love it!

 
At 16 April, 2006 11:44, Blogger Redeemed said...

It's true, I'm sure in Texas you are used to eating Mexican food.

Lol, Thai food gets me also.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home