11 April 2006

Sugar & Spice and Everything Nice

Mom and I got off work around 11:30 AM and planned to run a few errands. We only went three places, I think, but Mom and I did not get home until 6:00 PM. It was my fault.

I wanted to go clothes shopping because my wardrobe continues to shrink with my waistline. Yippee! When you are losing a large amount of weight, you don't want to buy many clothes because they will be too big within a few months. This isn't a bad thing at all, but it is frustrating to have only two outfits.

Mom served as my consultant and made suggestions. I bought two outfits for church and a pair of very delicate, feminine-looking shoes. Matthew will be proud of me -- I got a skirt. Now I have more skirts than pants. Scary. I'm turning into a girl! *shriek*

We found some really cute shoes for our adopted girls (Mom's adopted granddaughters and my adopted nieces). Cute and sparkly. It's fun to spoil your friends' children. Mom takes the opportunity, since I will most likely be a spinster. Jer will probably get married and have kids before I do. That would be funny.

Speaking of adopted nieces, we got a phone call this evening. My friend Maggie is currently in labor with baby girl #2! Please keep her in your prayers.

Well, that's enough rambling for one night. I must work on my "Women in Politics" speech for tomorrow and study for a Nutrition exam (also tomorrow).

14 Comments:

At 12 April, 2006 00:43, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Very good, Carey.

 
At 12 April, 2006 04:03, Blogger Carey said...

Thank you sir! *chuckle*

 
At 12 April, 2006 05:52, Blogger Redeemed said...

Sounds good to me too.

 
At 12 April, 2006 07:43, Blogger Carey said...

LOL, okay. But I am wearing jeans right now. Have not gotten nerve to wear skirt to school or work yet. Skirts would not be very practical with my current job, but I may eventually wear them to school... maybe.

 
At 12 April, 2006 08:42, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

There is an Exclusive Brethren girl at work who wears a skirt when working in the warehouse.

If ladies did not need pants prior to the Second World War, they do not need them now.

Every Blessing in Christ

Matthew

 
At 12 April, 2006 09:19, Blogger Redeemed said...

I wear jean skirts when I want to go more casual.

 
At 12 April, 2006 12:36, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Jean skirts are very popular in the Raven/ Taylor Exclusive Brethren.

I think jean-skirts are generally popular with skirts-only ladies.

Every Blessing in Christ

Matthew

 
At 12 April, 2006 14:34, Blogger Carey said...

I had a jean skirt in junior high that I wore all the time. Need to get another one. *makes note*

You cannot go hiking, camping, or tree-climbing easily in a skirt. Neither are skirts good for running or jogging. Or riding bikes.

 
At 13 April, 2006 00:50, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

The girl who works in the warehouse rides a bicycle in her skirt.

Women used to play tennis in long skirts.

I have seen ladies camping in skirts. Women have always doen walking in skirts.

Every Blessing in Christ

Matthew

 
At 13 April, 2006 09:44, Blogger Carey said...

But you cannot climb trees in a skirt - trust me, I've tried.

 
At 13 April, 2006 16:48, Blogger Redeemed said...

women playing tennis in long skirts? I find that to be a funny and seriously weird mental image. Clumsy me would have a hard time at that.

Now Carey climbing a tree in a skirt - that's even a funnier mental image. LOL

 
At 13 April, 2006 17:43, Blogger Carey said...

Hehe... yeah, that is a funny image. You should have seen me... haha.

Reminds me of a funny camping story involving me and a tree (and lots of mud).

 
At 14 April, 2006 06:19, Blogger Redeemed said...

Lol, I can imagine!

 
At 14 April, 2006 09:39, Blogger Julia said...

Now you need to go shopping with meeeeeeee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home