06 April 2006

It's a God Thing

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)

God has been so amazingly gracious to me today, I can hardly believe this is all real. As you know, I was having a bit of a bummer day over Tuesday/Wednesday with the loss of a job opportunity and my computer crashing. My brother, David, sold me his laptop for a ridiculously cheap price. (I am currently using it.) The day I discovered I didn't get the janitor job, my friend Aimee asked if I'd be interested to be a nanny for her two adorable red-head girls. Then tonight -- get this -- the Lord blessed me with a car. A car of my own! This all happened within the space of 48 hours!

I feel so overwhelmingly blessed. Still in utter shock right now. This is all so much to soak in.

"I will praise You, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will tell of all Your marvelous works. I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High." (Psalm 9:1-2)

9 Comments:

At 06 April, 2006 19:40, Blogger Kathryn said...

Aw, I'm so jealous of how everyone can always find this great Scripture to go with every situation/ =/ How do you do that?

Congratulations and salutations on the laptop and car, by the way. God understands the loss of everything, from poems and pictures to parents. Always good. <3

 
At 06 April, 2006 20:34, Blogger Carey said...

Commentaries and memorizing Scripture, Madd. Check these webistes out...

www.biblegateway.com
www.blueletterbible.com

 
At 07 April, 2006 05:52, Blogger Redeemed said...

Alright, Carey!

The Lord is good indeed. Congrats on the laptob, the new job, and the CAR!!!!

 
At 07 April, 2006 05:56, Blogger Carey said...

And guess what? I have left-overs...

 
At 07 April, 2006 05:56, Blogger RobertDWood said...

What kind of car?

 
At 07 April, 2006 05:59, Blogger Carey said...

You're online right now. Cool.

It is a white 95 Nissan Sentra. Jer already has plans for vamping the car... sound system, nitris (sp?), all the bells and whistles you can think of. I just want to turn it into an artistic expression on wheels - jungle green paint job and I found seat covers at Wal-Mart with tree frogs.

 
At 07 April, 2006 09:08, Blogger Redeemed said...

Lol, you are too cute.

Nice car! I can't wait to see the before/after Carey's imput.

 
At 07 April, 2006 10:22, Blogger Carey said...

I'm going to take a picture and post it. We also have a picture of Mama when she was about my age with her first car (a Triuph Herald), named Beep. In honor of Beep, I have named my car Beep Beep. LOL

Then you can all see how similar we look (I am a blonde version of my mom).

 
At 07 April, 2006 18:53, Blogger Redeemed said...

haha, that is funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home