30 March 2006

Tae Kwan Dough

This afternoon I met with Mark and Danielle, a couple of classmates from my Literature class, to discuss our group writing subject: Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. It's going to be a lot of fun, especially since we got to choose the literary work. We decided to meet at the UNT library around 4:00 PM. It wasn't until after 5:00 that we finally met up. Mark fell asleep while reading Frankenstein (must have found the book interesting) and Danielle called me several times to get directions and find her way to where I was. It also didn't help that we had to park several blocks away from the library.

After discussing what angle we would take on the paper, Mark, Danielle, and I made a more important decision -- where to eat dinner.

"Hey we could eat at Tae Kwan Do," Mark pointed to one of the nearby shops. Danielle and I looked over with puzzled looks.

"Uh... Mark... that's a form of karate," I explained.

"I know," he laughed. We all had a good laugh. Now we joke about eating "Tae Kwan Dough."

4 Comments:

At 31 March, 2006 00:07, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

I read 'Frankenstein' when I was 13. I thought the monster was remarkably eloquent.

God Bless

Matthew

 
At 31 March, 2006 04:38, Blogger Carey said...

Yeah, he was. I think I was 14 or 15 when I first read Frankenstein (oh so long ago).

 
At 31 March, 2006 10:10, Blogger Hannah said...

Your post made me wonder what the difference between Tae Kwon Do, Karate, Ju Jitsu and Kung Fu is... Since I was sitting in front of the computer, I did a search and found out. The results were interesting.

Tae Kwon Do: South Korean. Involves a lot of punches and kicks.
Karate: Japanese (Okinawan) Means "Flat hand" and involves kicks and flat hands.
Kung Fu: Southern Chinese variation.
Judo: Derived from Jujitsu. (Japanese.)

Just a bit of random triva for ya! ;-)

 
At 31 March, 2006 15:52, Blogger Carey said...

LOL, thanks Han. That is interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home