26 March 2006

My Very Exciting Day... haha

Jason came home yesterday for Spring break. *laughs* I'll let him tell you what he did to his little brother in the airport. Poor Jonathan. *chuckle*

Jer and I looked for Jason a long time this morning. We arrived at church 30 minutes early and sat vigilant before and after the service, then waited an extra 20 minutes in case Jason and his family came to the next service. Nada. We finally had to leave and I discovered later that they drove past us honking and waving. I didn't see or hear a thing. Oh well.

After church, Jer and I headed home for two hours before we left again for a friend's Eagle Scout court of honor. Jeremy's former troop is full of up-scale Carrollton residents. It was nice to see a couple of families we hadn't seen in a while, but I felt so out of place in that group of people. I think that's my lot in life - no matter where I am I will always feel out of place. Like Jesus said, "I am not of this world." If I felt comfortable, something would be wrong. That is why I try my hardest to always be uncomfortable and never fit in (or as my mom would put it: "light a fire under your butt").

We went straight from the court of honor to Jer's choir rehearsal. I finally saw Jason and we hung out for a while - which really involved me giving him a tour of the children's learning center and being followed by my usual entourage of five to nine-year-olds. Jason taught the council times for both Sparks and T&T (in full uniform of course), so I didn't see much of him.

During Awana, my girls decided it would be fun to scare the heck out of me by hiding in a closet and jumping out. I leapt back five feet and screamed, faked a swoon and got another big laugh. I had to laugh with them - it really was funny (I'm sure I looked funny too). Life is too short to take yourself seriously.

So that was my very exciting day. Don't worry - I'll post some poetry or something more interesting tomorrow. I seem to be lacking in creative juices tonight.

9 Comments:

At 27 March, 2006 04:23, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Sarah was talking about Awana. What on earth is it?

 
At 27 March, 2006 06:04, Blogger Carey said...

It is an international ministry for children ages 3 all the way to highschool, promoting Scripture memory, Bible reading & study, and discipleship.

www.awana.org

 
At 27 March, 2006 07:25, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Thanks for explaining.

 
At 27 March, 2006 07:47, Blogger Redeemed said...

Lol, Matthew.

 
At 27 March, 2006 10:31, Blogger Julia said...

For goodness sake I doubt that no matter where you go you are always uncomfortable being there!
And if you purposefully TRY to be that way, then im going to be worried about you!
Dont take that verse out of context, sweety. And whats up with trying to be uncomfortable so that you can keep others on the straight and narrow?
Maybe im reading this wrong, but its wierd.

 
At 27 March, 2006 11:26, Blogger Consecrated said...

Here'a an additional explanatory note on AWANA.

The acronym AWANA is derived from the verse in II Timothy 2:15 study to show thyself..
Approved
Workmen
Are
Not
Ashamed

Awana is a non-denominational children's ministry that has hundred of clubs around the world in almost all principal langages.

 
At 27 March, 2006 13:53, Blogger Carey said...

Thanks for further explaining, Leila.

Julia, sorry. I can be quite at ease with just about any group of people, even if I feel like an outsider. It really depends upon the group of people. With that particular group, I felt moreso out of place. Didn't mean to sound like some strange hermit-person. It really just depends upon the group. In most cases I can be a "sociological chamelion" - an uncanny ability to blend into different cultures.

 
At 27 March, 2006 18:09, Blogger Julia said...

I didnt think thats what you meant, but I got worried about you. <3

 
At 28 March, 2006 05:08, Blogger Carey said...

*laughs* I'm sorry. Plus, I wasn't in the best of moods that day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home