22 March 2006

Another random string of thoughts...

Yesterday was my long day at work. Thankfully, my boss was back, but I found out she was stepping down after May. She asked if I had considered taking her place, but I politely turned it down for... guess what? A janitor job. A lot of people might think me crazy for turning down a management position for a humble janitor job (and sometimes I think I might be), but I have my reasons.

Julia came home with me after work to do her graduation photos. David took the pictures and I was the "brain behind the camera" (since he wouldn't let me use the camera yet). We got some really nice pictures. Julia is very photogenic, I think.

I have to leave for school in a couple of hours. It is unusually cold outside and I would much rather curl up on the couch under a mound of blankets than brave the outside. Most of my readers will laugh, because it is only 40 degrees Farenheit.

Oh, I did forget to mention a debate I had on Monday. A classmate and I were discussing gay marriage during lunch break. More on that later.

9 Comments:

At 22 March, 2006 09:00, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

I would rather stay at home on a couch regardless of the temperature.

God Bless

Matthew

 
At 22 March, 2006 09:08, Blogger Hannah said...

I'm interested in hearing how your discussion of gay marriage turned out...

 
At 22 March, 2006 10:04, Blogger Carey said...

Matthew, I am not surprised.

Hannah, thanks for commenting! I am at school right now, but I will try to post on that discussion ASAP when I get home. May be tomorrow, though, because I have an hour at home before I have to go to work.

 
At 22 March, 2006 10:37, Blogger Consecrated said...

Carey,
I wish you could change that bloody picture. It gives me the shivers.
Thanks.

 
At 22 March, 2006 11:19, Blogger Julia said...

I can relate to your job thing- I turned down a secretariel job for the janitor one.
Thank you thank you thank you (and your fam) for the pictures!
Ha about me being photogenic!
And it is cold outside today- I hid under my covers for a few hours!

 
At 22 March, 2006 16:00, Blogger Redeemed said...

Carey the busy bee!

A lot of students work janitor jobs, nothing wrong with that. Whatever your reasons may be, may the Lord bless all your hard work.

 
At 23 March, 2006 08:27, Blogger Consecrated said...

Thanks Carey.

 
At 23 March, 2006 09:27, Blogger Carey said...

*laughs* You're welcome, Leila. Sorry it creepd you out.

 
At 23 March, 2006 14:10, Blogger Consecrated said...

I faint when I see blood. One day I was cooking beets (I don't buy canned food, worse than the Italians). Then in moving one beet over to the sink few droplets fell on the kitchen floor, but I hadn't noticed. When I saw the droplets minutes later I thought they were blood and I fainted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home