20 March 2006

Me + Rubber Band = Trouble

One of my many funny high school stories...

I think I was a freshman in high school when this took place. At the time, I had a special talent of shooting rubber bands. This unique gift was sharpened due to the fact that I had wasps in my apartment, which I would shoot out of the air with rubber bands. Of course, my excellent aim was not limited to blowing up annoying bugs.

One Wednesday night at a youth group meeting, I found a few lonely rubber bands that needed to be used. My first victim? The youth pastor, of course. He made the terrible mistake of turning his back to me. Haha. Out came a rubber band and promptly smacked him square in the back.

"HEY!!" he shouted, leaping several feet in the air.

Don't ask me how it escaped from my pocket. I never saw it coming... neither did he.

11 Comments:

At 20 March, 2006 15:16, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Very naughty.

 
At 20 March, 2006 15:19, Blogger Julia said...

Ouch. I still shoot people that way sometimes, but never people that can put it in a file somewhere! Haha.

 
At 20 March, 2006 15:25, Blogger Redeemed said...

LOL

That's gotta hurt! Did he ever get you back on that one?

~Thank you posting this :)

 
At 20 March, 2006 15:31, Blogger Carey said...

Nope. When he turned around I was gone. I strike, then disappear.

*cute evil laugh*

Yes, Matthew I have a naughty streak. Right, Jules?

 
At 20 March, 2006 15:43, Blogger Redeemed said...

you're a sneaky one aren't you, too funny.

 
At 20 March, 2006 16:31, Blogger Consecrated said...

You could have been accused of sexual harrassment, you know.

 
At 20 March, 2006 16:41, Blogger Carey said...

A bit sneaky...

Leila, we were always playing pranks on each other, along with his two boys who were a little older than I. Can someone really get accused of sexual harrasment for popping someone with a rubber band??

 
At 20 March, 2006 18:00, Blogger Kathryn said...

Muahahaha! That's hilarious. My whole family is now asking me why I'm laughing so hard. o_o
I'm an avid follower of Jesus too. Nice to semi-meet another.

<3-Madd
www.implodinghead.blogspot.com

 
At 21 March, 2006 04:38, Blogger Carey said...

Nice to 'meet' you too, Madd! Thanks for visiting!

*laughing* I laugh at things people write too and my family is like, "What's so funny?" Oh, nothing. *giggle* *giggle*

 
At 22 March, 2006 09:49, Blogger Consecrated said...

Depends on where you were aiming, you could be accused.

I have seen people freak out for the least of things.

 
At 22 March, 2006 15:34, Blogger Carey said...

Between the shoulders.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home