19 March 2006

Vegetable Steamer on Wheels

Awana started again tonight and I got to see all of my 'girlies.' It was pouring rain and no one was around to unlock the building for us, so I piled everyone in my van and turned the heater on high. Every few minutes another kid would come up and I'd squeeze them in. Pretty soon my van was full of wet, steaming teenagers. It was like being in a giant vegetable steamer... on wheels.

One of my girls has a hard time memorizing her verses, so I adopted a new method to help her learn. I break up the verses into small pieces and memorize them with her. This seems to really help and encourage. She seems to think it fun that I say the verses to her and she plays "leader." I like it because it keeps my mind sharp (and my poor short-term memory).

During verse time some of my girls got a hold of my cellphone (which they love to play with) and discovered Matthew's message on my voice mail. They all began to giggle uncontrollably and pretty soon every one of my girls had heard the message.

"Is that your boyfriend?" One girl giggled.

"Oh no, no. Just a friend, silly. I told you I don't have a boyfriend." Only to be greeted by more giggles. Girls that age are so silly, but they're also adorable so you can't stay mad at them for long.

Matthew, I think you have already become quite popular over here. There are a bunch of people (besides myself) who find your accent rather amusing.

13 Comments:

At 19 March, 2006 19:31, Blogger TheEarthCanBeMoved said...

sounds like fun.
you gotta love kids that age.

 
At 19 March, 2006 20:21, Blogger Julia said...

Us texans just cant help ourselves when it comes to Aussies and Brits and other certain accents. =)

 
At 20 March, 2006 00:34, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

It does amaze me how amusing you all find British accents.

As it happens, some English people find my accent amusing. Or should I say accent, because I do slip into a Yorkshire accent quite a lot.

In fact, most of the time, I talk to my family in a Yorkshire accent. They find that rather funny.

Every Blessing in Christ

Matthew

 
At 20 March, 2006 04:45, Blogger Carey said...

We just all think you're funny, Matthew.

 
At 20 March, 2006 05:57, Blogger Redeemed said...

*It was like being in a giant vegetable steamer... on wheels*

You crack me up, Carey!

Giggly girls...hahaha...my nickname tends to be miss giggles. Especially when I'm tired, I brake into uncontrolable giggles.

 
At 20 March, 2006 13:45, Blogger Carey said...

Aww... Sarah you are definitely cute. *giggle*

 
At 20 March, 2006 15:14, Blogger Redeemed said...

Carey, in case I haven't told you, you crack me up girlie!

You make me giggle all the time...somtimes I snort too, accidently, how unatractive. :(

You're really adorable, Carey.

 
At 20 March, 2006 15:31, Blogger Carey said...

I snort too!

 
At 20 March, 2006 16:37, Blogger Consecrated said...

I delete all voice mail messages. ... No further comment.

 
At 20 March, 2006 16:42, Blogger Carey said...

Haha

 
At 20 March, 2006 18:58, Blogger Redeemed said...

LOLLLL, Carey you should note that the reason why Consecrated deletes all her voice mail messages is that she never knows how to listen to them on her cell.

She always has to call me over, she's super funny.

~Sorry mom, u know that I think you're cute that way.

 
At 21 March, 2006 04:41, Blogger Carey said...

*LOL* Sounds like my mom. Even though we've had a tv for years now, she still needs help operating the remote. Of course, it doesn't help that remote has a million buttons. *chuckle* Both of my parents are technilogically challenged. I blame it on Mom's hippiness and Dad's growing up on a backwoods Kansas farm.

 
At 22 March, 2006 09:53, Blogger Consecrated said...

nice try Sarah.
Carey, you understood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home