15 March 2006

Match-makers, match-makers, make me a match...

Friends are great: they cheer you up with funny phone calls, take you shopping with them, go out to eat with you, laugh with you, cry with you... and try to hook you up when you don't have a boyfriend.

Susan and Julia had a "brilliant" idea yesterday. They were talking about this David fellow while in the car.

"Hey... you might actually like him," Susan chirped.

"Who? Are you talking to me?" I tried to focus on her with my one good eye.

"Yeah," Julia chimed in. "We should introduce you to each other."

Introduce, eh? Sounds like a blind date to me.


So Julia calls me tonight and says that David is free Thursday evening. Of course, she and Susan would come along, maybe with some other people, and "introduce" me to this David. Apparently they think that because he is good-natured, bookish, and whatever else the said, that we might make a good match. No offense to Julia and Susan, but their love lives aren't exactly that great. Should I honestly trust their judgement? *winks* [I hope you know I am teasing you girls. I'll meet him, but I'm not promising anything else.]

10 Comments:

At 16 March, 2006 00:53, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

I hope you have a good time and that he turns out to be a nice chap.

God Bless

Matthew

 
At 16 March, 2006 05:49, Blogger Redeemed said...

Your friends are sweet.

Pray about it, have a good time, and I trust your wisdom, Carey.

By the way, I looovvvvveeeee fidler on the roof! :)

 
At 16 March, 2006 07:19, Blogger Carey said...

Sarah, I knew your mom would probably get a kick out of the title too. (I love Fiddler on the Roof too!)

Not so sure about the guy. He's exactly my age, and I tend to stay away from guys my age (they're not the sharpest knives in the drawer, you know). I prefer older, to tell you the truth.

Oh well, we'll probably have a fun time (if I can pursuade my mom to let me borrow the car).

 
At 16 March, 2006 08:07, Blogger Julia said...

Just because my love life includes a trail of boys broken hearts, it just means i havent found the right one. I dont lead people on to my credit at least.
And dont worry, you dont need to think that we are forcing anything to happen. You just never know......

 
At 16 March, 2006 08:21, Blogger Carey said...

Julia, you heart-breaker! I know, I was teasing you, dear. One has to keep going until God brings the right man (or even if He doesn't). God is good.

 
At 16 March, 2006 08:52, Blogger Consecrated said...

Tzeitel Nofzinger.

 
At 16 March, 2006 08:54, Blogger Consecrated said...

I think I get a greater kick out of the name.

 
At 16 March, 2006 17:32, Blogger Carey said...

LOL... sounds like a mouthful.

 
At 17 March, 2006 15:51, Blogger Julia said...

Amen to that! I hope I can find someone thats willing to wait for God's timing even if he is "ready to settle down."

 
At 19 March, 2006 12:57, Blogger Carey said...

Finishing your studies first would be a good idea.

I want to at least finish my associate's degree (which is only a year from now... ugh... maybe not). Not really a concern anyway, as I have no one currently interested. Just going to go for a BA and MA right now. Maybe a PhD, depending on what's going on in my life at that time.

Dr. Nofziger... has a nice ring to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home