08 March 2006

Seek Him First

This evening I got Julia and Sarah G. in my room at church (we were babysitting for some Bible studies). We ended up having an interesting conversation about courtship, dating, marriage, etc. (all those things I hate talking about). Just to set the records straight, I did not initiate that subject. It was Sarah's fault. Even though we all had different views on the subjects, it was interesting to hear.

In all honesty, I just don't care. If it happens, it happens. If not, I'm perfectly content to be single. Marriage and family are not the sole objects of my life. "Seek ye first the kingdom of God..." A deep and constant relationship with my heavenly Bridegroom, serving my Lord with all that I am, and loving others are my first priorities. Every other blessing God chooses to give me will simply fall into place. My Beloved is all I need and want. Enough said.

My Beloved spoke, and said to me: "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." (Song of Solomon 2:10)

A recommendationn to my lady readers... Come Away My Beloved by Francis J. Roberts. It is my favourite book next to the Bible - a beautifully written book as from the heart of Christ to His Bride. (In fact, I'd reccomend this to men as well. Guys, if you want to know what touches a woman's heart...) This is good for any Christian to read.

8 Comments:

At 09 March, 2006 01:10, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

That is a good attitude.

 
At 09 March, 2006 06:43, Blogger Julia said...

Its always an interesting topic to me because of peoples thots, but lol im still not sure what I think...
I dont really care either at this point, its just like gah. God knows what I want.

 
At 09 March, 2006 08:42, Blogger Kay said...

You are in a good place. I was never in that place and I just spent my time whirling around like a headless chicken. Which can't have been terribly attractive to anyone anyway.

 
At 09 March, 2006 08:57, Blogger Carey said...

Thanks for visiting Libbie!

I've seen the "headless chicken" scenario with so many of my friends, which almost always ended in a bad relationship and/or unexpected pregnancies. The Lord was merciful to spare me and show me these things through others' mistakes.

 
At 09 March, 2006 09:33, Blogger Redeemed said...

Carey, be encouraged. The Lord is good and will not hold back His goodness from you in every aspect of your life.

 
At 09 March, 2006 11:43, Blogger Carey said...

Thank you, Sarah.

 
At 09 March, 2006 13:55, Blogger Camille said...

Amen!

Also, in 1 Corinthians 7, Paul talks about how single people can be more devoted to God.

~Nella

 
At 09 March, 2006 18:08, Blogger Carey said...

One of my favourite passages! Whenver my mother brings up the subject of grandchildren, I quote 1 Cor. 7 to her. Hehe... can't argue against that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home