07 March 2006

Million Dollar Baby

Work went better today than I expected. My boss was out again, so I filled in for her. Thankfully we only had four workers out (instead of eight). The afternoon was easy and I actually had enough time to give dancing lessons to Julia and Beth. *chuckle* (I'm going to give you two a quiz!)

I returned home with the prospect of taking my daughter to the vet. She was very congested and Mom insisted I take her. So Jer and I piled into the car with bunny and drove to the vet. Dumpling had an upper respiratory infection and ear infection. Great, what's this going to cost? I went to the front desk to pay, wincing. Bracing myself against the counter I took a deep breath.

"Okay, hit me with the bill," I said to the secretary.

"That will be $141.26."

My jaw dropped. "Are you serious?"

"Yes. One hundred, fourty-one dollars and twenty-six cents."

I felt like shooting myself in the foot as I pulled out my checkbook. When we got outside to the car I banged my head and groaned,

"Oh God, what did I do to deserve this?!" I called Mom to tell her the cost.

"Guess how much this bill was? It's the most expensive one yet."

"Ummm... a hundred fifty."

"Close... one hundred, fourty-one dollars and twenty-six cents."

"Oh wow."

Thankfully, I had enough in my savings to cover the cost but I hate dropping that much money, even if it is for my beloved bunny. That animal has cost me at least $1,000 over the past four years. That's almost three round trips to Montreal! Or a trip to London!

7 Comments:

At 07 March, 2006 18:07, Blogger Redeemed said...

Your daughter? lol, you're cute.
Well you're a good moma.

Ok, Carey, no more trips to the vet, you need to save up for your trip to Montreal!!!!

 
At 07 March, 2006 18:48, Blogger Carey said...

Tell that to the rabbit.

 
At 08 March, 2006 00:41, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Pets are very expensive. Another reason why I will never keep one.

The Raven/Taylor Exclusive Brethren sect who I work for are not allowed to keep pets. One of their leaders decided many years ago that pets were idols so they all had to get rid of their pets.

Every Blessing in Christ

Matthew

 
At 08 March, 2006 04:24, Blogger Carey said...

That's ridiculous!

 
At 08 March, 2006 06:28, Blogger Camille said...

Pets are idols? Wow.

My cat got hit by a car once. He actually lived through it. He was at the vet's office for like a month.

~Nella

 
At 08 March, 2006 07:28, Blogger Consecrated said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 08 March, 2006 10:01, Blogger Carey said...

Poor kitty! I love cats (well, there isn't an animal I don't like), but I can't have one because Mama is allergic to them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home