11 March 2006

Slit-Your-Wrists Bored

I was so excited about Spring break yesterday. An entire week with nothing constructive to do sounded great, but after half a day I was ready to go back to my busy, structured school schedule. What am I going to do for the next eight days??? I don't know how some of my friends can handle this pace of life. I have to be very active to avoid going crazy.

Convincing my mom to let me use the car wasn't too difficult: "Mom, if I don't get out I'm going to slit my wrists or something."

Julia, Susan, and I are planning to go to the botanical gardens in Fort Worth on Monday and do a photo shoot for Julia's graduation photos. It will be fun. We're going to pack a picnic lunch and spend most of the day outside. Yipee!

Today was David's day off and he (like myself) gets restless, so we went to Best Buy and the organic market this afternoon. Being the wealthy bachelor he is, David had no problem plunking down money for ipod accessories. I didn't get anything at Best Buy, but I did get soy ice cream at the organic market. It's yummy.

Ironically, when we got home Mom announced she had ordered Mr. Jim's pizza for dinner. So much for my healthy efforts... especially when the pizza arrived with Moutain Dew Code Red, my downfall. Unfortunately, I can't drink very much because my body doesn't respond well to sugar. Why can't they make a diet Code Red?? Everything else has been converted to diet.

8 Comments:

At 11 March, 2006 19:50, Blogger Redeemed said...

Slit-your wrists bored, too funny,I like that.

Yum, I love mountain dew...though I really don't drink soda pop. I just love mountain dew, and just as it turns out, it's the one with the most sugar and unhealthiest for you :(

 
At 12 March, 2006 06:38, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Holidays can be difficult liek that. It is easy having structured time.

God Bless

Matthew

 
At 12 March, 2006 08:01, Blogger Carey said...

I don't care too much for soda pop either... except for mountain dew. *sniff* I guess it's a good thing my body doesn't like sugar. It's not good for me anyway.

 
At 12 March, 2006 10:21, Blogger TheEarthCanBeMoved said...

I don't like that title.
I've had way too many suicide prevention breifings to ignore that.
Is everything ok?

 
At 12 March, 2006 10:24, Blogger Carey said...

Suicide prevention briefings? Good grief.

Everything's fine as long as I'm not cooped up. *laughs*

 
At 12 March, 2006 11:58, Blogger TheEarthCanBeMoved said...

yeah,
Aparently they're afraid that people will go crazy with all the stress.
A lot of that "Wingman" stuff.

 
At 12 March, 2006 12:22, Blogger Carey said...

I have discovered that there is nothing worth taking your life over.

 
At 20 March, 2006 18:05, Blogger Kathryn said...

Nothing is worth suicide (as Carey said). I've found that out through painful experience.
Funny title though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home