09 March 2006

Blank Stare Mountain

Dad and I sat in the living room watching one of Mom's decorating shows. The only reason I watch it is because I enjoy making sarcastic remarks about the decorator, who I am convinced is gay. No real man would be an interior decorator and wear pink shirts... even I wouldn't do that.

"Maybe he should have been in Brokeback Mountain," I remarked. Dad gave me this blank stare.

"Now, remember," he cautioned in his back-woods Kansas accent, "I haven't been everywhere you have. I have no clue where that is."

It was my turn to stare blankly. "My gosh, you are out of touch with pop culture!"

Another blank stare.

"Brokeback Mountain is a movie about two gay cowboys," I explained. "It was nominated for best film at the Academy Awards, but thankfully didn't get it."

"Oh."

9 Comments:

At 09 March, 2006 20:34, Blogger Julia said...

Ooh you changed the picture on the right side of your blog. I like it!
Pray for my job interview tomorrow please! Ttyl!

 
At 10 March, 2006 00:49, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

I do find interior design mildly interesting.

I am not fond of pink shirts, however.

God Bless

Matthew

 
At 10 March, 2006 05:02, Blogger Carey said...

I will pray Jules!

Matthew, I am not worried about you. I know you like girls. *chuckle*

 
At 10 March, 2006 05:56, Blogger Redeemed said...

Haha, that's funny. "I haven't been everywhere you have", lol, that's a good one.

 
At 10 March, 2006 05:56, Blogger RobertDWood said...

Male interior designers are, um, strange. Espessially the ones that are obessed with shag carpet and vinal walls.

Hey, ignorance is bliss. Your father has the right idea, just ignore pop culture.

 
At 10 March, 2006 12:50, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Provided they are not Scottish, Calvinist or animal lovers.

 
At 10 March, 2006 13:39, Blogger Carey said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10 March, 2006 14:09, Blogger TheEarthCanBeMoved said...

A guy wearing pink doesn't necassrily mean he's gay.
I've known a few guys that wear pink on occasion and can get away with it.

However...
Pink and interior decorator?
I'm not going to talk about that.

Sometimes I wish I was ignorant of society.

 
At 10 March, 2006 15:19, Blogger Carey said...

Fine, Matthew, but it's your loss and someone else's gain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home