12 March 2006

WWJD (Work With Jello Daily)

This motto was first introduced to me at a missionary-in-training boot camp a few years ago. It has stuck with me ever since. Flexibility is crucial to life. Period. I have discovered life is so much easier if I am flexible. Keys locked in the car? No problem. All my plans change at the last minute? All right, then.
"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails." (Prov. 19:21)
As I mentioned in the last post, Julia and I had planned to do her graduation photos tomorrow, but my dad (and her dad too) felt uncomfortable with the idea of us two girls going to Fort Worth by ourselves. It's a long drive and the neighborhood isn't that great. At first, I was a little irritated because that meant we'd have to wait for a daddy or big brother to come along with us. However, after thinking about it, I was okay with the decision. It will all work out somehow and our parents are doing what they think is best for us.

12 Comments:

At 13 March, 2006 01:38, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

You are wise, Carey.

 
At 13 March, 2006 06:11, Blogger RobertDWood said...

Hehe. The title made me think this was going to be about your work.

 
At 13 March, 2006 07:16, Blogger Carey said...

*laughs* That could be a good motto for my work too.

 
At 13 March, 2006 16:33, Blogger Julia said...

Hahaa.
Bugger about the daddy thing- I suppose theyre right anyhow.

 
At 13 March, 2006 18:09, Blogger Carey said...

They probably are. Look on the bright side - they care.

 
At 13 March, 2006 18:14, Blogger Redeemed said...

Carey, that is a great attitude!

 
At 13 March, 2006 21:06, Blogger Julia said...

Lol your mr.s brightside! And yes, we all know our parents care to some degree hehe. :)

 
At 13 March, 2006 21:20, Blogger Carey said...

Mrs? No, no, no... Miss Brightside. Always a Miss, never a Mrs.

 
At 14 March, 2006 08:38, Blogger Julia said...

Have you never seen that wierd little british movie?
And no, not Miss.
I will settle for M.s.
Cause im being contrary.

 
At 14 March, 2006 18:16, Blogger Julia said...

One word: PFFFFBT!!!! :p
Everyone does so love to copy me. Hahaaaa.

 
At 14 March, 2006 18:26, Blogger Carey said...

Fine, Julia... just as long as it's not "Mrs." anything.

 
At 14 March, 2006 18:29, Blogger Julia said...

P.S. Tangela.
You even copied my background for your whatever-it-is site.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home