16 March 2006

Carey Tomato

Today Julia and I joined some friends for tennis. I was looking forward to it because I remember enjoying the sport ten years ago. It was lots of fun, but let's just say I'm not ready for Wimbledon (or maybe Wimbledon isn't ready for me). I was so glad just to get out of the house and do something active, even if I was terrible at it. My face now looks like a tomato - round and very red - due to my sun exposure without sunblock (silly me).

Mom didn't want me out tonight, so I had to turn down the semi-blind group date. I did drop Julia off and hang around for a while. My first impression of David... I honestly thought he was fifteen. He is tall, lanky and has a very high voice. I'm sure he's a really nice guy and all, but I... I don't know. I shouldn't make presumptions. Honestly, right now I'm okay being single. I've got a lot of education ahead and I really don't have time for developing a romantic relationship.

10 Comments:

At 17 March, 2006 07:01, Blogger RobertDWood said...

Did you play doubles or singles?

"I've got a lot of education ahead and I really don't have time for developing a romantic relationship."

Isn't that what they all say in the stories...

 
At 17 March, 2006 07:15, Blogger Carey said...

Actually, we played 'triples' and then singles.

And yes, that's what a lot of people say. It is a way to persuade one's self into a mindset so as not to think about... whatever. Blah blah blah. Basically, it's a way to brainwash yourself. You tell yourself (and others) that you don't care and eventually you don't.

 
At 17 March, 2006 07:16, Blogger Carey said...

I don't care. I don't care. I don't care. I don't care...

*chuckle*

Seriously, I've got a lot of work to do. I've got a lot of work to do. I've got a lot of work to do...

*laughs*

 
At 17 March, 2006 07:26, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

I know the feeling about a lot of education ahead. Maybe I have slightly less.

I hate tennis. It is one of the sports I most dislike.

God Bless

Matthew

 
At 17 March, 2006 07:39, Blogger Carey said...

Well yes, you have slightly less education to complete because you are older than I.

Is there any sport you do like?

 
At 17 March, 2006 08:19, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

No, I do not think so.

 
At 17 March, 2006 09:22, Blogger Carey said...

Matthew, I haven't been able to access your blog all morning! *having withdrawal* Just kidding.

 
At 17 March, 2006 10:19, Blogger Julia said...

Oh Carey you are funny.
it was freaking wierd seeing David again (I havent seen him in about 8 monthes) and I can officially say he hasnt changed. Hahah! *Give me a real hug, Julia*
Im so mean to that boy, I think theres something wrong with our genetics and we cant ever seem to say the right thing to each other.
Omigosh theres a really enbarrasing story about something that happened later that I need to tell you!
TENNIS WAS FUN!!!!!! Beth and I should be a team.

 
At 17 March, 2006 10:29, Blogger Camille said...

Haha-- your "blind date" sounds interesting. At a lunch at church the other day all the adults were telling how they met their spouses. Some of the stories were pretty weird.

Tall, lanky, high voice... sounds strangely reminiscent of my brother, althought most people think he's way older than he is.

 
At 17 March, 2006 10:55, Blogger Carey said...

How old is your brother, Nella?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home