30 March 2006

Ministry Opportunity

A few minutes ago, I received a call from a representative of Jews for Jesus, a ministry I have long been interested in. It was really exciting to hear about what the Lord is doing with Jews for Jesus, and I really hope to minister with them in Manhattan next summer. We talked for quite a while on the phone about Awana, mission trips, and Colorado (she is based out of Colorado). I really hope that the Lord allows me to minister in Manhattan next summer.

The representative also is sending me information about the new Jews for Jesus ministry branch in Montreal (when I come visit Leila and Sarah). They also have street preaching teams during the summer in Montreal (and all year round too).

It was just such a blessing to talk with this lady. Now I am even more excited about what the Lord has planned for me during the next years.

7 Comments:

At 30 March, 2006 11:38, Blogger Consecrated said...

This is sooo exciting. Keep me posted Carey. Manhattan is only eight hours away from Montreal. Sarah and I are going there for a week end in mid April (after Easter).

 
At 30 March, 2006 12:28, Blogger Redeemed said...

That's really excited, Carey. See how the Lord works, you were planning on visiting Montreal this summer. Now you really have to come!!!!!!

The reason I like NY so much, is becuase it is there that I re-dedicated my life to the Lord, as you now know from reading my testimony.

I love seeing Jews giving their life to Jesus Christ. So exciting!

 
At 30 March, 2006 18:11, Blogger Carey said...

LOL, Katrina.

 
At 31 March, 2006 00:05, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

I get newsletters from the Jews for Jesus in Britain. They do some great work.

Do you have enougth Jewish blood to work with them? I think you have to have one Jewish grandparent.

I am a bit uncomfortable with some aspects of the Jews for Jesus. They are very Charismatic in theology. I ma uncomfortable with the idea of using Jewish celebrations as a means of evangelism (not really scriptural),

They also use the Star of David symbol, which is actually the star of Moloch. It is used in witchcraft and Freemasonry. It does not have anything to do with David at all.

I hope you do not think I am being too negative.

Every Blessing in Christ

Matthew

 
At 31 March, 2006 04:21, Blogger Carey said...

There is only so much I can do with them because I am Gentile.

I personally think it is great to use elements from a culture to evangelise. Jesus used it, the apostle Paul used it. There is nothing unBiblical about that.

Matthew, do you over-analyse everything like this?

 
At 31 March, 2006 05:29, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Maybe you are right about the culture thing. It is just interesting that Paul, a Jew, witnessing to both Jews and Gentiles never recommends using Jewish feasts to evangelize.

Yes, I do analyze everything. Is that bad? It is just what I do with everything.

I am an analytical person. I do nto think I could stop.

Every Blessing in Christ

Matthew

 
At 31 March, 2006 09:54, Blogger Carey said...

I analyse everything too, so I hope it's not a bad thing. Discernment is a spiritual gift.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home