29 March 2006

You Can Call Me "Boss"

In Literature class this morning, Dr. Franklin was going over the structure he wanted for our next paper. He gave us the option of creating a title/cover page for our 1500+ word paper, though it is not a part of the MLA format. Everyone groaned... except me.

"Oh yes, yes!" I chirped from the front row. "And can we put pictures on the title page too?"

"Every time we are given the option of doing something more difficult, you always want to do it," a classmate laughed sardonically.

"Yeah, but in ten years she'll be your boss," quipped Dr. Franklin. "Over-acheivers like her go far." He then looked at me (who was blushing and giggling) and laughed along with the rest of the class.

Over-acheivement is a double-edged sword. People like me have a hard time defining their limitations and sometimes think they are super-human. (After running myself to the ground, I have discovered that I am indeed mortal.) You can accomplish more as long as you balance yourself.

4 Comments:

At 29 March, 2006 18:04, Blogger Redeemed said...

lol, that was a good reply from your teacher.

It's so true! The rest are just lazy, and laziness does not take you any further than your bed.

 
At 29 March, 2006 20:07, Blogger Kathryn said...

I tend to lean far toward the opposite side. In school I
m not consistent and spend every possible moment doing basicly nothing.
I really do need to balance myself, I spend far too much time on the computer.

 
At 29 March, 2006 23:41, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

That is nice to know, Carey.

I can confidently say that I am not an overacheiver in any way.

God Bless

Matthew

 
At 30 March, 2006 06:49, Blogger Carey said...

Sarah, it really is sad to see people who have so much potential and waste it (like my older brother). God only gave us one life and I am a firm believer that we should live every day as though it were our last. Sorry... soapbox... *steps down*

Madd, I was like that in my early highschool years. Start by making schedules for yourself, and give yourself little 'rewards' when you follow through.

Sheena, glad to hear you enjoy challenges too. And thank you for visiting!

Matthew, maybe you should challenge yourself more. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home