04 April 2006

Give Thanks

"You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, to the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever." (Psalm 30:11-13)
Today could have been labeled as a bad day for me, but the Comforter will not let it be so. I did not get the job I applied for because (1) I am a woman (2) because of #1, I cannot move 700 lb. folding walls, and (3) they could only use a couple of women on the janitorial staff. It was a little disappointing at first, but my Father knows what He is doing and I trust Him. Looks like I will be applying for a job as a waitress after all. That's okay. I have good people skills and am outgoing and friendly.

There were some other minor irritations on top of this today, which put me in a bit of a sour mood for a while. However, I feel a great peace about all of this, because God works all things together for good for those who love Him. Everything is okay, because my Beloved is holding my hand. It is such a comfort to me to know that an omniscient God, the Creator of the universe, loves me and I have an intimate relationship with Him. WOW.

6 Comments:

At 04 April, 2006 18:34, Blogger Redeemed said...

I'm glad you have peace over it.

The Lord has something better for you, just keep praying and asking.

I guess this post could have been entitled "because I am a girl...part 2", haha, never mind me, I'm just being silly.

 
At 04 April, 2006 18:51, Blogger Carey said...

LOL, yeah it could have been.

 
At 05 April, 2006 21:48, Blogger Kathryn said...

Aww! I'm sorry, though I can't pity you much as my dream job when I egt old enough it to be a waitress. I love serving in any way, even for pay. =P

 
At 06 April, 2006 05:11, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

That is good that you feel at peace.

I have never worked as a waiter before.

God Bless

Matthew

 
At 06 April, 2006 07:25, Blogger Carey said...

Actually, I got a job offer as a nanny and it actually pays a little more than the janitor job. God brought this to me the day I lost the other. Isn't He amazing?

 
At 10 April, 2006 17:16, Blogger Julia said...

I am sad about you not being able to work here. BOO.
I dont know why JANETORIAL staff cant have women....?
Ah well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home