08 April 2006

Rescue Me... Again (part 1)

Some of you may recall when I locked myself out of my parents' mini-van about a month ago and had to sit around for hours to be rescued.

http://careysjournal.blogspot.com/2006/03/todays-adventure.html


Well, apparently my life is not exciting enough without me being stranded somewhere every month or so.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

"Hey, Mama," I juggled my cell phone in one hand and the steering wheel in the other. "Anything you need me to pick up on my way home from school?"

"Actually, yes. Could you get some sweet potatoes for dinner?"

"Sure." We hung up as I drove out of the parking lot and prepared to get on the highway. Without much warning, I noticed huge strips of a blown tire all over the entrance ramp. If I swerved to miss them, I would have hit another car -- POP -- CLANG -- SCRAPE. There was this horrible rattling-scraping noise. Oh great. I got off the highway as soon as I could and parked at a local gas station.

I got on my hands and knees to look under the van. Some rather large piece of metal had been knocked loose by a tire scrap and was scraping on the ground.

6 Comments:

At 08 April, 2006 15:41, Blogger Redeemed said...

These things happen, lol.

If you follow the scraps on the road, it will lead you to Carey's school!

 
At 08 April, 2006 16:22, Blogger Carey said...

*chuckle*

 
At 08 April, 2006 17:27, Blogger RobertDWood said...

Ha. That happened to our van a few years ago. Banged up the muffler and the oil pan real bad.

 
At 09 April, 2006 20:04, Blogger Kathryn said...

Hey, that's not bad, my mum and I got stranded on her 25th anniversary for about two hours. Flat tire. xDD
Sorry about that though.
Life sucks.

 
At 10 April, 2006 06:42, Blogger RobertDWood said...

Life is awsome.
Variety, even the bad kind, makes it interesting.

 
At 10 April, 2006 15:07, Blogger Carey said...

Amen, Robert! Life is too short to take everything seriously. You've got to laugh at yourself and 'bad' things that happen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home