03 May 2006

Jesus Smile

During my lunch break, I like to visit the on-campus coffee shop, owned and staffed by Christians. I'm on a first-name basis with the guys who regularly work there, and they know what to get me the moment I walk in -- a medium iced tea.

"Look at that beautiful smile," remarked Corey, one of the employees. "Now that's a Jesus smile."

"It's infectious, especially when they bubble over like that," pointed out a woman purchasing a cup of coffee.

Praise the Lord that people can see Jesus in me before I even open my mouth. That reminds me of a song by Joy Williams ("Do They See Jesus In Me?") ...

Is the face that I see in the mirror
The one I want others to see
Do I show in the way that I walk in my life
The love that You've given to me
My hearts desires is to be like You
In all that I do all that I am

Chorus
Do they see Jesus in me
Do they recognize Your face
Do I communicate Your love

And Your grace
Do I reflect who You are
In the way I choose to be
Do they see Jesus, Jesus in me

Well, its amazing that You'd ever use me
But use me the way that You will
Help me to hold out a heart of compassion and grace
A heart that Your spirit fills
May show forgiveness and mercy
The same way You've shown it to me

(chorus)

Well I wanna show all the world
That You are the reason I live and breathe
So You'll be the one that they see
When they see me

(chorus)

3 Comments:

At 03 May, 2006 16:19, Blogger Redeemed said...

Now that's a compliment! Amen, Carey, keep it up!

Hey, you changed your template again! I do like this one though, it's very different!

 
At 03 May, 2006 20:29, Blogger Carey said...

*laughs* Yeah, really different. Need to go template shopping. I like this one the best so far, but want to get something different.

 
At 04 May, 2006 01:40, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Excellent sentiments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home