06 May 2006

One More Chapter!

Last night I babysat my Awana commander's five-year-old twins. We had a lot of fun (in fact, that was probably the most fun I've ever had babysitting). Instead of watching a bunch of movies like the kids initially requested, we took a walk, played six rounds of hide-and-seek, and read several chapters of "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe."

I used different voices and accents for each character, acting out as I read. The children were enthralled. Of course, when centaurs and winged horses were mentioned, I had to stop and draw models for the children. It was so much fun to look at their wide eyes as I read of the White Witch's castle, the children's escape with Mr. and Mrs. Beaver and their enconter with Father Christmas. For me, there is nothing more enjoyable than telling stories -- especially to children.

9 Comments:

At 06 May, 2006 21:38, Blogger Angie said...

I still love it when people read to me (voices not required). :) I guess I'm the child in this story.

If I had to choose between telling stories to children and telling stories to adults, I would probably opt for the adults. God has designed us all differently and we compliment each other.

I have mixed feelings about The Chronicles of Narnia. I liked some of the books but not others. Then again, I really am not a fan of C.S. Lewis in general. About the only thing of his that I really liked a lot was Til We Have Faces.

 
At 07 May, 2006 01:12, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

I am sure you are an excellent story-teller, Carey.

Angie, I am very glad to hear you are not a big Lewis-fan. I do love the Chronicles, though.

Every Blessing in Christ

Matthew

 
At 07 May, 2006 01:13, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Carey, did you give any of the characters an accent like mine?

 
At 07 May, 2006 07:32, Blogger Julia said...

Pretty ladeeeeee, single babeeeeeeeee. Good grief. I just had to e-sing that out of my system!

 
At 07 May, 2006 07:33, Blogger Julia said...

*ladyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy*

 
At 07 May, 2006 08:47, Blogger Carey said...

*stares blankly at Julia*

 
At 07 May, 2006 08:48, Blogger Julia said...

Muhahaha. You dont like dat song? *prettyyyyy ladyeeeeee* I love e-singing.
I AM NOT CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 07 May, 2006 08:50, Blogger Carey said...

Matthew, I would use your accent for Mr. Tumnus, although, the actor who played Mr. Tumnus - James McAvoy, a cute Scotsman - did a pretty good job. So, maybe I would use a Scottish accent instead...

 
At 08 May, 2006 12:28, Blogger Carey said...

Julia... *sighs* What am I going to do with you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home