31 May 2006

"Yet I Will Rejoice"

This is how to deal with God. Praise Him before you are delivered. Praise Him for what is coming. Adore Him for what He is going to do. I do not think there is a sweeter song in God's ear than the song of one who blesses Him for grace that has not yet been tasted, who blesses Him for answers that have not been received but are sure to come.

The praise for past gratitude is sweet, but even sweeter is the praise of full confidence that all will be well. Therefore, take down your harps from the willows and sing a song of Zion (Ps. 137:2,4). "Though the fig tree may not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines; though the labor of the olive may fail, and the fields yield no food; though the flock may be cut off from the fold, and there be no herd in the stalls -- yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The Lord God is my strength; He will make my feet like hinds' feet, and He will make me to walk upon my high places" (Hab. 3:17-19).

Though you have no income to meet your needs and are brought to poverty's door, nonetheless, bless the Lord. His mighty providence cannot fail so long as one of His children needs to be provided for. Your song, while you are in distress, will be sweet music to God's ear.

Go in the name of God. Meet your difficulties calmly and fairly. Do not have any plans or tricks, just commit yourself to God. This is the way you may confidently find deliverance. If you can only trust and praise God, you will see marvelous things that will utterly astonish you.

- Charles Haddon Spurgeon

4 Comments:

At 31 May, 2006 04:56, Blogger Angie said...

What a great quote!

 
At 31 May, 2006 05:53, Blogger Redeemed said...

Amen. Thank your for posting this, it's my devotion for the morning!

 
At 31 May, 2006 15:40, Blogger Ali said...

How appropriate.

I resigned my job yesterday after being off for 4 months ill, and I have no contingency plan.

It's not my plans that matter though

 
At 31 May, 2006 16:24, Blogger Carey said...

It was my devotion for the morning too! That's why I thought I'd post it. Lots of the stuff I post is from my morning or evening devotionals.

Chemical, I'm very sorry to hear that. Will be praying for you and your family. God will take care of you no matter what. My family is living proof of God's great mercies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home