04 June 2006

My Feet

Carey: Can you picture cute girly shoes on my feet?

Jeremy: No more than I can picture them on a man's feet.

Like I've said before, God gives you brothers to keep you humble. Little children do a pretty good job, too. Taylor will examine the calloused soles of my feet with great concern and comment,

"You have hard skin. Will I have skin on my feet when I get big? Like yours?"

"Only if you walk barefoot your whole life and don't wear shoes."

She looked at my feet again. "I will wear shoes."


8 Comments:

At 05 June, 2006 04:36, Blogger RobertDWood said...

bah. Callused feet are a sign of work and experiance, not something to shy away from.

 
At 05 June, 2006 07:04, Blogger Consecrated said...

Taylor is a smart kid.

 
At 05 June, 2006 07:22, Blogger Carey said...

My thoughts exactly, Robert. However, Taylor would be smart to wear shoes so that she (unlike myself) does not step on sharp objects.

One time I cut my foot pretty badly on a broken microscope slide (in my closet floor, no less) just before I was about to leave for Awana camp with the Kollers. There was blood all over my closet wall, the carpet... a mess. Completely freaked my mom out when she heard "Oh, I'm bleeding everywhere."

 
At 05 June, 2006 07:37, Blogger Redeemed said...

Carey, lol, this is so funny.

I was cracking up the entire time I was reading your post.

 
At 05 June, 2006 11:52, Blogger Carey said...

Glad it made you laugh! That's what I like my posts to do - make you laugh, cry, or challenge you.

 
At 06 June, 2006 06:47, Blogger Consecrated said...

One look at Carey's feet, and Taylor made up her mind.

 
At 06 June, 2006 09:02, Blogger Carey said...

*laughs* She even wears shoes in the house (even though they're dress-up shoes).

 
At 06 June, 2006 18:19, Blogger Consecrated said...

I love to wear high heels at home. The sound of my heels used to upset my neighbors. Of course I don't do that anymore. It is not good for my back anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home