24 July 2006

My very exciting life...

Mom, Dad, Jer, and I are helping my grandmother pack today. She's actually moving out of her town house (of 30+ years) to a little house just down the street from us -- right before her 80th birthday. I know it doesn't sound like much, but to get a fearful grandmother who didn't even rearrange her furniture since the 70s... it's a pretty big deal. Personally, I'm still reeling from all of this. She's planning to close on the house down the street and start moving in while I'm in Canada.

Then there's my daughter... the old, wheezy rabbit. I'm afraid she's on her last leg. My bank account is utterly depleted due to a speeding ticket last month (don't even ask about it) and I cannot afford to take her to the vet anymore. Dumpling is sick all the time (has been since she was a baby), so I had to make the difficult decision to let her go. I really don't want to do that, but I can't even pay for another vet visit so I really don't have a choice. Putting her to sleep is out of the question (I couldn't ever bring myself to do that), so I'm praying that the Lord takes her if she's suffering right now. Maybe this sounds sort of silly, but I'm very attached to this old rabbit (hence my calling her "daughter"). I'll probably be a weepy traumatized mess when she goes.

5 Comments:

At 24 July, 2006 07:10, Blogger Redeemed said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 24 July, 2006 07:15, Blogger Redeemed said...

You had told me about the situation with your grandmother. That's going to very hard on her having to move out. I shall pray that she will do well with the move. *And that you don't injure yourself helping out*

As for the rabbit, snif, snif...I'll let you cry on my shoulder should the Lord take her to rabbit paradise. I have a friend at church who had to put her dog (who's been with her since she was 13 - she is now married with a one-year old) to sleep 4 monts ago. She still cannot talk about it.

 
At 24 July, 2006 08:21, Blogger RobertDWood said...

When are you going to canada?

Stinks about the rabbit.

 
At 24 July, 2006 14:10, Blogger Angie said...

I am sorry about the rabbit. I had to have a friend with me when my dad called to confirm that he took our dog to be put to sleep a couple of years ago. We had her since she was 8 weeks old and got her just after I turned 8 years old, so even though she was a grouchy old lady we were very attached to her. We had two very healthy rabbits that my parents got rid of once. I wasn't happy about that, especially since they didn't tell us until after the deed was done.

 
At 24 July, 2006 16:41, Blogger Carey said...

Rabbit paradise? I wonder if it's one giant vegetable garden...

I'm leaving for Canada a week from tomorrow to see Sarah (Redeemed)! Yay!

Old family pets are so hard to let go of... especially for me, since I'm already an avid animal lover. So far, she's still alive, but I keep thinking she'll be dead everytime I come home. I hope she doesn't go while I'm in Canada. That happened with the last two rabbits -- Princess and Frodo -- Princess died while I was at Awana camp and Frodo died while I was in Africa (both in the same summer).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home