29 August 2006

$$ Beep Beep $$

Apparently the battery wasn't the only problem with my car. Dad is still working on the old girl and Nate's coming over later tonight to help. If they can't get my bucket of bolts to work by tomorrow, my grandma is loaning her car to me so I can drive to school.

Most likely the car repairs will cost a couple hundred dollars... might as well be a thousand. This month was financially tight already. I believe the Lord has a few more lessons in store for me. Thankfully, David is loaning me the money to fix my car. I'm so glad I've got my family (and extended family) to help me out -- I feel really loved.

Due to financial difficulties, I won't be able to put Dumpling to sleep for the moment. The car problems are actually a blessing in disguise. Maybe God will take her naturally and I won't have to be responsible for her death -- I don't know if I could live with that. (Besides, I think it's sick to make someone pay money to have their pet put down.)

4 Comments:

At 29 August, 2006 15:59, Blogger Redeemed said...

I know it would be very difficult for you to have to put your rabbit to sleep, so that is great that you may not have to go through with this.

Cars do come with a lot of finances, even though they are so great to have. Sorry to hear that your repairs will cost you after all. But that is why the Lord surrounded you with really good family. You all help and comfort one another :)

 
At 29 August, 2006 17:56, Blogger untamed said...

Wow. I can really relate to the car problems and finacial problems. I too have had car problems this month and God has been teaching me some lessons in finacial areas as well. ..it's good to know I'm not the only one =) Man, I will definitly be praying for you!

 
At 29 August, 2006 22:13, Blogger Angie said...

Finances? Tight? I don't understand that concept. Sigh...if only that were true!

 
At 30 August, 2006 04:59, Blogger Carey said...

Thanks, everyone!

Untamed, thanks for visiting. Feel free to drop in anytime.

BTW, repairs are only going to cost $130 (as opposed to $200), so that's good. The battery didn't need replacing, so that saved me $70.

And Dad was able to fix Beep Beep last night before I left for Axcess, so I got to drive my own car instead of taking the mini-van (which is comparable to driving an elephant).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home