27 August 2006

Last Day of My Life

Classes for the fall semester start tomorrow. Thankfully, I'm down to one job now, but I'm taking on more hours -- 15 in all (five classes). Not bad, but there is one class I am not looking forward to... Statistics. My mind draws a blank with mathematics. Heck, I do well to balance my bank account.

Even though school doesn't really get me excited, I am looking forward to the first College Life ministry meeting this Tuesday. College is a mission field unto itself, so if I keep this mentality I might be more excited about school.

One thing in particular makes me dread tomorrow. After returning from my last class, I'm taking my rabbit to the veterinary hospital to have her put to sleep. None of the medicines have worked and she's only getting worse. It would be cruel to let her suffer any more -- she's already dying. That is going to be so hard. I've had her since I was a freshman in high school. She's my baby. Jer is coming with me for emotional support. I just hope I can drive to the vet without being hysterical.

7 Comments:

At 27 August, 2006 15:20, Blogger ~*Joyzey*~ said...

Just hope you can drive home. No crying in the car!! If you start, pull off the road. Ask Jeremy to make a joke or something.

I'm sorry. But we'll talk on Tue! So I will let you vent just a bit then. But we have plans to talk about!

 
At 27 August, 2006 19:18, Blogger Carey said...

Yeah, I'm going to e-mail your sis in the morning. We'll make plans on Tuesday.

The vet is only 2 minutes from our house, so the drive isn't that long. Hopefully I can hold.

 
At 27 August, 2006 20:43, Blogger Polka Dotted Pickles said...

I am sorry about your rabbit. That stuff is hard!

I start classes tommorrow too...

 
At 28 August, 2006 05:53, Blogger Redeemed said...

oh no, sorry about your little baby, Carey. It's part of life..:(

 
At 28 August, 2006 06:04, Blogger RobertDWood said...

Putting animals down is hard.

 
At 28 August, 2006 12:32, Blogger Angie said...

It is hard to put animals down. Fortunately for me my parents have done the dirty work in the past. I've been woken up early on a Sunday morning to, "The dog died during the night." I've awaited that phone call at work to say, "The dog has been put to sleep." I've come home to find that our rabbits were put to sleep without warning. Never fun!

Hmmm...I took up through Calculus 3 in college, but never did take statistics (sadistics, as I prefer to call it). I liked math until that last year of calculus. Ick!

The people we meet at school may be a mission field even if we are no longer going to school with them, as I have discovered of late.

 
At 28 August, 2006 15:43, Blogger Carey said...

Sadistics? *LOL* I love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home