22 February 2006

"Run Ragged"

I'm at school, so I don't have a lot of time to post.

Yesterday my boss called me at 7:00 AM. Her youngest daughter was very sick and she was obviously not going to be at work that day. Then she asked me to step in for her. It was very tiring (especially since I was doing the work of 2 people), but I actually enjoyed it. I like doing administrative work.

When I returned home from work, I had one hour to freshen up before taking off to the college group Bible study/meeting. Needless to say, I slept very well last night.

This morning originally started off well... until Dad and I had a big argument and shouting match over something very trivial. Let's just say this trivial thing was "the straw that broke the camel's back" (one of my mother's many odd sayings).

Literature class was pretty boring today. We mainly discussed the paper that is due this Friday. My Speech class was cancelled, which gave me a very long lunch break (explaining why I am posting from school). Nutrition is in 20 minutes. We are going to continue discussing essential fatty acids... yay. After that is History. I hate the way my History professor talks about the Puritans. Monday she was ranting about Jonathan Edwards' Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God and bashing George Whitefield for his "theatrics."

11 Comments:

At 22 February, 2006 14:01, Blogger J said...

What was the trivial thing? Oh yeah, "the straw that broke the camel's back" is not one of your mother's odd sayings. It is a common expression used to explain a situation that would otherwise not be offensive or annoying had it not been for a litany of previous offenses and annoyances.

 
At 22 February, 2006 14:10, Blogger Carey said...

I was trying to get Dad to take Mom's cellphone so I could contact him when I arrived. He was being stubborn and refused to take the phone (for reasons I still do not know).

 
At 22 February, 2006 15:08, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Yes, administrative work is good.

God Bless

 
At 22 February, 2006 15:17, Blogger Julia said...

fallalooo. So you went to axcess? whatd you think?

 
At 22 February, 2006 20:48, Blogger Carey said...

I liked it. The music was a little loud for my taste, but other tha that, I enjoyed myself. You missed a good lesson, Jules.

 
At 22 February, 2006 22:27, Blogger Julia said...

Did you meet anyone fun? was the lesson terribly long? were there nice places to sit? I would have gone with you but IM SICK!!! if youd read my blog you wouldve known *hint hint hint* lol I wouldve called you after you got off work- im dead bored but i didnt want to make you grumpy since it was so lateish.

 
At 23 February, 2006 01:46, Blogger Carey said...

You wouldn't have made me grumpy, but now I've come downwith this crud. And I have exams on Friday!

 
At 23 February, 2006 01:48, Blogger Carey said...

The lesson wasn't long (to me, but I enjoy L-O-N-G sermons). Maybe 45 min, at most.

 
At 23 February, 2006 11:22, Blogger Julia said...

Ahhhh its taking us ALL!

 
At 23 February, 2006 12:38, Blogger Carey said...

Haha... Have you read The Andromeda Strain by Michael Crichton?

 
At 23 February, 2006 16:25, Blogger Julia said...

omig yes. Creepla.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home