18 February 2006

Oh, the weather outside is frightful...

The air is damp and chill. A nipping breeze plays among the trees, teasing the remaining leaves that still cling to the bare branches. Dreary grey clouds hang low enough to kiss the earth. I sit in the living room, wrapped in an old sweater and snuggled under a mound of blankets. A dull light seeps through the linen curtains, beckoning me to a drowsy sleep.

Are you feeling sleepy yet?

Weathermen are predicting freezing rain for this weekend. I love this kind of weather; it gives me an excuse to snuggle under blankets and read a good book.

7 Comments:

At 18 February, 2006 13:30, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Sounds comfortable.

It was very cold today in Worcester, England.

It is very foggy outside.

God Bless

Matthew

 
At 19 February, 2006 00:00, Blogger TheEarthCanBeMoved said...

I don't want to hear about it.

 
At 19 February, 2006 05:54, Blogger Carey said...

Yes, Gen. *laughs*

 
At 19 February, 2006 11:45, Blogger TheEarthCanBeMoved said...

What I meant was this.
We finally got above freezing today.
It's been snowing since Wed and finally stoped.
What you're getting is our leftovers.

 
At 19 February, 2006 19:16, Blogger Carey said...

Oooh... thanks for the left-overs! I thought you meant something like...

"It's freezing cold over here. We're buried in snow. Don't tell me about your chilly rain."

 
At 19 February, 2006 20:37, Blogger TheEarthCanBeMoved said...

That is what I meant.
except not that harsh.

 
At 20 February, 2006 04:33, Blogger Carey said...

Oh *laughs* I know you wouldn't be that harsh. I paraphrased.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home