17 April 2006

Bad, Bad Carey

"Procrastination is a very, very bad thing. You should never put things off until the last minute."

How many times have I heard this from my mom or told this to myself? Countless times... more than anyone should have to tell me. This needs to stop. Pulling "all-nighters" is not going to happen any more. You've seen it written here. Someone please shoot me the next time I attempt this.

Last night I stayed up until 2:45 AM writing a paper (due today in class). It was a nightmare trying to finish. Four Excedrin. Countless ice cubes. Six cups of coffee. I never want to smell coffee again. Ick. Thankfully, I managed to get four hours of sleep, but I am going to be a wreck today. And it's all my fault. I must be suicidal to do this to myself, but I seem to learn things the hard way -- hitting brick walls several times before something dawns on me. I can be so slow sometimes and look back in wonder at how I could not see something. What a thick head I have!

What are other ways to wake up yourself besides drinking coffee? Ah! Cold shower.

13 Comments:

At 17 April, 2006 05:59, Blogger RobertDWood said...

Dr.Pepper & Mountain Dew.
Penguin Mints.
Caffine Tabs.
PB&J.

Yeah, I have a paper due wednesday that I need to get an outline started for... Heh. I think procrastination is a common student malady.

 
At 17 April, 2006 09:48, Blogger Carey said...

It is... some say it is part of the "college experience." Bah. College students are expected to cram, party, and never sleep. I don't want to be like that.

 
At 17 April, 2006 13:55, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

When I was 19-21, I used to finish essays at 2.00 AM with lots of high-energy drinks.

God Bless

Matthew

 
At 17 April, 2006 16:07, Blogger TheEarthCanBeMoved said...

A tablespoon of Honey under the tongue.
Gets absourbed straight into the blodd stream.
Good for 30 min.

 
At 17 April, 2006 16:27, Blogger Carey said...

*laughs* Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Unfortunately, most of that I can't eat/drink because of the sugar content. I'd be awake, yeah, but I'd be awake and throwing up. Not good.

 
At 17 April, 2006 16:51, Blogger Julia said...

HA! I was right all along.

 
At 17 April, 2006 17:28, Blogger RobertDWood said...

bummer.

Listen to music while you study? Avoid yanni at all costs when its late. :D

I think the penguin mints would still work.

Oh. Poke yourself with a needle. Never fails to drive away drowsyness.

 
At 17 April, 2006 19:12, Blogger Carey said...

Yeah, Yanni makes me sleepy. Actually, I like to listen to a CD of his while going to sleep, so my brain automatically equates Yanni with bedtime. LOL

Poke myself with a needle? I'm not into self-mutilation.

 
At 18 April, 2006 10:34, Blogger Kathryn said...

Bawls. Extreme energy for about two-three hours, and not too sugary. It's 2 dollars a bottle, however.
My brother has about a hundred lining his room, desk, and work-space. He works at the only place that sells 'em so he gets them cheap. xP

 
At 18 April, 2006 10:35, Blogger Kathryn said...

When I get to college, I'll probably be the wild-child of the night. I'm never asleep before 1.

 
At 18 April, 2006 15:05, Blogger Camille said...

Procrastinators, unite!! (Tomorrow...)

Glad you finished it, even if it was late!!

~Nella

 
At 18 April, 2006 15:07, Blogger Carey said...

LOL. Thanks, Madd. Will keep that in mind.

If you are nocturnal (which I am naturally) just make sure you have plenty of study time. Late-night partying will (1) seriously affect your grades (2) make you REALLY tired and (3) eventually kill you due to lack of sleep.

LOL

 
At 18 April, 2006 15:09, Blogger Carey said...

*chuckle* Love that phrase! I've seen t-shirts that say that. Must get one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home