08 May 2006

More Glory For The Lord

This week is finals week! Yipee! I just finished my Speech final and am going down to the commons room to study for my Nutrition final exam (with the company of a quadruple-shot espresso to keep me conscious).

Mom thinks I am sick - which I am, but won't admit for fear of going to the doctor. It will eventually go away, but is making me very tired (you know I'm not feeling well when I'm quiet and drowsy). This will just make finals week a little more challenging and interesting.

"Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:10)

The Lord gets more glory when I cannot do something in my own strength. I just have to lean on Him even more when I know I can't do it on my own.

"For the LORD gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding." (Proverbs 2:6)

8 Comments:

At 08 May, 2006 11:11, Blogger Angie said...

Ah, finals week... I dread finals week. It inevitably means that I have papers due. Mine is next week. Far too soon! I look forward to the end of the semester so much, but don't want to think about what I have to do between now and then. I remember final exams. The last one I took was 4 years ago now...

 
At 08 May, 2006 11:13, Blogger Angie said...

Oh, by the way, Carey, dear, you need to take care of yourself. I know I'm not one to talk right now, but really, do try!

 
At 08 May, 2006 11:20, Blogger Revelation 2:17 said...

Finals coming up here also. Then graduation Lord willing.
There's a hymn called
"the student's hymn" in our hymnal. Never heard it, but seems like an appropriate time to do so.

 
At 08 May, 2006 12:26, Blogger Carey said...

The student's hymn? *laughs* I'd like to see the lyrics... maybe I'll make my own. Haha

Angie, thanks. You take care of yourself too! I'm going to take some decongestant and a nap, then take a walk later. That should fix me.

 
At 08 May, 2006 13:00, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Carey, I really do not think you are looking after yourself.

I would hate to think that you got really ill.

May you know God's healing mercies

Matthew

 
At 08 May, 2006 13:05, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

That is a nice new picture, Carey.

 
At 08 May, 2006 13:15, Blogger Redeemed said...

Oh no! My poor Carey is sick!!!!

I know it will prove challenging with your finals coming up, but try to get as much sleep as you can.

You must take better care of yourself, you got your entire support group worried over here.

 
At 08 May, 2006 13:26, Blogger Carey said...

*laughs* Wow, I feel loved!

I'm probably not "looking after myself." Isn't 5-6 hours of sleep enough? Eight hours is "sleeping in" for me. Don't worry. Whatever I have will eventually go away - always does.

Mom wants to take me to the doctor tommorrow, but I told her she'd have to literally tie me up and throw me in the car in order to get me there. I refuse to go to the doctor. Ugh. Do not like doctors or hospitals. I think I've had my fair share of medications, hospitals, and doctors. Long story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home