10 May 2006

Not Slowing Down

Finals went well. After our English final, Danielle and I went to a hole-in-the-wall Italian restaurant for lunch. It was a cute, little place -- if only I could the same about the price. We were celebrating, so I used that as an excuse for spending more than $3.00 on a lunch. After finishing our delicious meal, Danielle and I tried to get the attention of our waiter so we could pay. We didn't want to shout, so tried various odd ways to get his attention -- flashing lights and playing loud annoying ringtones from Danielle's cellphone, waving wildly, and then giggling uncontrollably. Finally, we got his attention, only to find out that we were supposed to pay at the front counter. We could have left ten minutes earlier had we known that, and spared ourselves some bizarre behaviour. I wasn't embarrassed -- only one thing embarrasses me and I'm not telling -- but I did feel a little stupid. Oh well, we had fun.

After lunch, I took my American History final. I thought I'd get a perfect grade on that -- until the end of the test. Right now, I'm so glad to be done I don't care. Of course, I'll care when I get my overall GPA (then break down and cry).

As soon as I finished my history final, I sojourned to the Cupboard, the local organic food store to buy couscous for Mom, soy sugar-free "ice-cream" for me, and falafil mix for fun. Thankfully, my family doesn't like my soy-cream (they think dairy-free and sugar-free "ice-cream" is weird). No clue what to do with the falafil mix, but I wanted to try something new, so I'll find some recipe somewhere. Wonder how that will come out.

Then it was home for an hour before heading to work. Just got home about fourty minutes ago. Tommorrow I'm going to some friends' house to practice our quartet piece of "Nothing But The Blood" and watch the new Pride and Prejudice. Friday is a 12-hour work day. Saturday... I don't know but I'm sure I have something that day. Sunday is our last Awana club meeting for the school year. Guess I'm not slowing down anytime soon. That's okay. I stay out of trouble when I'm busy, but it would be nice to slow down for just a day. Maybe I'll go to the botanical gardens at some point this summer (of course, that's what I said on Spring break).

7 Comments:

At 11 May, 2006 00:59, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

I do like Couscous.

 
At 11 May, 2006 05:42, Blogger Revelation 2:17 said...

ask Consecrated about the falafel mix.

 
At 11 May, 2006 05:43, Blogger RobertDWood said...

Yeah. That sounds like a summer break.

How much was lunch?
And what is it that embarases you?

 
At 11 May, 2006 05:57, Blogger Redeemed said...

My busy bee is busier than ever. (I love calling u that, it's so cute, just like u).

About the botanical gardens, if you don't have time to visit them in Texas, we can go here in Montreal when u vist.

*Must add botanical garden on list of things to do with Carey*

 
At 11 May, 2006 06:31, Blogger Angie said...

Sugar-free soy "ice cream"? I think I'm compromising the integrity of my ice cream when I buy the stuff that is lower in fat. ;)

Falafel is wonderful stuff. I hope that turns out well for you.

I have yet to see the new Pride & Prejudice. The 5 hour BBC/A&E version with Colin Firth is one of my most treasured DVDs.

 
At 11 May, 2006 07:34, Blogger Carey said...

Rev, I e-mailed your mom right away and she gave me instructions. Sounds delicious... just hope I don't burn anything or blow something up in the kitchen. Haha. Hope your mom can give me some cooking lessons this August (I daresay I could use some).

Robert, I think my lunch was around $11 - hideously expensive. I almost never spend that much on one meal, but I am horribly cheap. I "pinch pennies." Do you think I'd tell you the one thing that embarasses me? Ask Jason, he knows - but he's probably forgotten. Good luck.

Sarah, Oooh! Ok, your gardens probably look nicer than mine! My goodness, we have so much to do! We shall have to start as soon as I get off the plane! LOL

Angie, I can't handle high-fat sugary foods. They make me really sick. So, I have to have some sort of "ice-cream" - even if it is milk-free and sugar-free. Actually tastes pretty good. BTW I love the BBC P&P with Colin Firth! He makes the best Mr. Darcy.

 
At 11 May, 2006 15:42, Blogger Redeemed said...

I can't wait for you arrive! 2 lonely months to go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home