05 June 2006

Lompsters and the Evil Empire

We finally got my lap top set up with internet so I can post from nanny headquarters (the D household). The girls and I just got back from a grocery shopping trip and Gracie is now down for a nap, giving me three hours of peace and quiet (for the most part).

During our shopping trip, we passed the seafood section with the live lobsters in the tank. Taylor pointed in excitement, "Look! Look! There's some lompsters!" I nearly died laughing. Lompsters?

Later on, Taylor made some comment to which I answered "You're so smart, Taylor."

"Of course, I know everything," she said matter-of-factly.

"Right... because you're four years old," I laughed sarcastically.

"Why, yes." Taylor has much to learn.

Mom met us for lunch at Mc Donald's (the Evil Empire) and paid for both mine and the girls' lunches. That was so nice not to have to fix lunch for the girls before putting Gracie down for a nap. Of course, it was nice to visit with my mama too. I appreciate my relationship with her so much now that I'm older. Now she's my best friend.

10 Comments:

At 05 June, 2006 14:41, Blogger Angie said...

That's great that your mom is your best friend.

This reminds me of when I was 18 and took my cousin to Knott's Berry Farm (amusement park) where I was working for the summer. She was 5 years old at the time. We were going on a ride and she made a comment about how she used to be scared of the ride when she was little. She defined little as 4 years old. I found that rather amusing. :)

 
At 05 June, 2006 15:32, Blogger Redeemed said...

*Angie, I have been to Knott's Berry Farm with my cousins in CA also! FUN*

McDonald's - the evil empire, lol, quite so!

Your mama is sweet to have joined you and to have paid your lunch. Mamas are very thoughtful, and SWEET!!!!

 
At 05 June, 2006 15:32, Blogger Redeemed said...

yay, that also means Carey will be able to post more often this week :) this makes sarah very happy :)

 
At 05 June, 2006 17:19, Blogger RobertDWood said...

Not to be ornery, but why is McDonalds the Evil Empire?

I like watching the lompsters too. It would be fun to secretly cut the rubber bands on their pinchers.

 
At 05 June, 2006 17:34, Blogger Carey said...

I've never been to Knott's Berry Farm, but Jason has.

Robert, dude, have you not seen "Super-Size Me"? Yes, it would be fun to cut the lompster's rubber bands. Haha.

Carey is glad Sarah is happy! But I may not bring my lap top with me all the time. I like having that time to read.

 
At 06 June, 2006 12:38, Blogger Consecrated said...

Good advice there, about reading, Carey.

We need to fill up before we can dish out.

 
At 06 June, 2006 15:40, Blogger Carey said...

Absolutely, Leila. I only get in about an hour in the morning before I leave for work, but during the afternoons I have about 2 hours. That is really nice.

 
At 06 June, 2006 18:26, Blogger RobertDWood said...

Nope, never seen super sized me. McDonalds is just an ambasador of good will to the rest of the world, and was made by americans. I think its a benevolent influence on the world.

 
At 07 June, 2006 05:10, Blogger Carey said...

*rolls eyes* Watch "Super-Size Me" and then tell me that McDonalds is an ambassador of good will to the world.

 
At 07 June, 2006 10:16, Blogger Angie said...

I think I'd watch "Super-Size Me" and decide that Americans have no self-control when it comes to food. If McDonald's actually sold decent food I would be more tempted to eat there. I will admit they have great Shamrock Shakes, but those are only available for a short time. If only In-N-Out expanded beyond the west coast...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home