05 June 2006

Run With Patience

O My child, there is nothing that I would hold back from thee. If thou wilt heed My Word, if thou wilt listen to My voice, I will surely lead thee in a plain path.

Set thine affections upon Me and keep them there. Center thine attention upon me. Yea, set thine heart to follow after Me with singleness of mind. This will remove all doubt at every crossroad. This will keep thee continually at My disposal. Never set out upon a "project." My Life is not project but overflow.

Thou hast already witnessed the verdure of life that has sprung forth where the waters of My Spirit have flowed. How can any doubt remain? But the flesh dies hard; it is true. Even Jesus learned obedience through suffering and self-discipline. And Paul admonished: 'Endure hardness as a good soldier.' All that comforts the flesh weakens the Spirit.

I could by adversity strip from thee the comforts of life, but I will bless thee in double portion, if of thine own accord ye do as Paul and lay aside every weight, and resist the diverse temptations that continually beset thee, and run with patience the course as I set it before thee. "Running" with "patience." -- In these two words I have combined the intensity of purpose and the quiet waiting upon Me which ye needs must have, else ye be overtaken in the race by fatigue of body and soul.

So as I have told thee before, come to Me and pour out thy praise and thy love and thy worship. I will bless thee and guide thee and use thee in My own good time and pleasure. Thou shalt not be disappointed.

From "Come Away My Beloved" by Frances J. Roberts

Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:1-2)

You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier. (2 Timothy 2:1-4)

3 Comments:

At 05 June, 2006 09:23, Blogger Redeemed said...

Wow, yesterday I had a three-hour long conversation with my best friend on this very subject - patience and waiting upon the Lord. I felt like therapy :)

I love that verse in 2 Timothy.

 
At 05 June, 2006 09:28, Blogger Redeemed said...

*it, not I, oopsy

 
At 05 June, 2006 11:51, Blogger Carey said...

*laughs* I knew what you meant. Patience is something we need in abundance very day, and yet it is the hardest thing to obtain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home