06 October 2006

In my Bible reading this morning...

Isaiah is one of my favorite Old Testament books. This morning I was reading in chapters 25 & 26. Here are some verses that meant a lot to me...
O LORD, You are my God.
I will exalt You,
I will praise Your name,
For You have done wonderful things;
Your counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.

And it will be said in that day:
"Behold, this is our God;
We have waited for Him, and He will save us.
This is the LORD;
We have waited for Him;
We will be glad and rejoice in His salvation."
(Isaiah 25:1,9)

You will keep him in perfect peace,
Whose mind is stayed on You,
Because he trusts in You.
Trust in the LORD forever,
For in YAH, the LORD, is everlasting strength.

With my soul I have desired You in the night,
Yes, by my spirit within me I will seek You early;
For when Your judgments are in the earth,
The inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.
(Isaiah 26:3-4,9)

7 Comments:

At 06 October, 2006 07:27, Blogger Redeemed said...

Amen, great passage.

 
At 06 October, 2006 09:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm reading Isaiah too! Cool! I am really liking it. Last time I didn't pay much attention and called it "that long book with a name I can't spell." :-) I was planning on posting some verses from Isaiah today as well.

 
At 07 October, 2006 20:16, Blogger ~*Joyzey*~ said...

What's up with the layout change?

 
At 08 October, 2006 09:20, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

I like Isaiah too.

 
At 09 October, 2006 06:18, Blogger RobertDWood said...

I like this layout..
Fits a lot better in IE 7 beta then did the old one.

 
At 09 October, 2006 09:31, Blogger Carey said...

It was time for another change. This one is subject to altering.

 
At 12 October, 2006 10:04, Blogger BeautyBlogger said...

Hey! Isaiah is my FAVORITE book as well. The first part of that is very reminiscent of Exodus 15:2, one of my favorite verses:

The LORD is my strength and my song;
he has become my salvation.
He is my God, and I will praise him,
my father's God, and I will exalt him.

P.S. I love the new layout, it is very pretty and much easier for me to read and navigate (I don't have to scroll horizontally anymore). Yay! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home