24 February 2006

To be cute, or not to be cute... is that the question?

We've been having a "cuteness" discussion on Matthew's blog, so I felt led to post something cute on my blog.

Webster's Dictionary defines cute as such: (1) a: clever or shrewd often in an underhanded manner b: impertinent, smart-alecky [don't get cute with me] (2) attractive or pretty especially in a dainty or delicate way (3) obviously straining for effect

Wikipedia has a rather lengthy article about cute.

Carey's Dictionary defines the different levels of cute as: (1) adorable cute (2) funny cute (3) quirky cute (4) good-looking cute (5) childish cute

Each one of these main categories has many sub-categories and sub-sub-categories, but you get the gist of it.

For instance, my friends think I'm cute because I resemble a hobbit -- roundish, rosy-cheeked, and very short (5'0") with a quirky personality. Why is this cute? Search me.


3 Comments:

At 25 February, 2006 02:55, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

I suppose because they are childish and rather adorable characteristics, raising (1), (5) and possibly also (4) in a distinctive way.

Every Blessing in Christ

Matthew

 
At 25 February, 2006 07:53, Blogger Carey said...

Aha...

 
At 25 February, 2006 08:52, Blogger Redeemed said...

I prefer Carey's Dictionary's defenition. Much cuter.

P.S. cool picture!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home