19 April 2006

Be Much With Me

For My people, saith the Lord, set the watch in the nighttime; yea, rise and pray, and let not that hour come upon thee unaware.

For the time is short, yea the storm is gathering fast. Ye see clouds in the sky, and ye say rain is approaching.

Can ye not discern the events that are currently shaping up in the affairs of men, and be as keen to observe their import and know that disaster and holocaust are in the making?

But thou art prone to fall into the same snare as others -- to presume that prosperity and peace will continue, simply because ye wish so strongly that it might be so. Ye are not ignorant concerning the prophecies of My Word as some are, and yet ye allow the feelings and attitudes that are abroad in the land to invade your own personal life.

Be more with Me, and let My Spirit pervade thy spirit, and then thou shalt be more influenced by Me than by the world around you. But be prepared for the fact that ye will then be of a different mind and attitude than those around you, and be willing to accept the difference and be able to ignore misunderstanding.

For many will not accept a message of warning, because they have set their own personal ambitions against the will of God, and they are so intent upon their own pursuits that they refuse to tolerate the thought of possible interference of any kind.

But you, beloved, be much with Me, for there is a great and heavy burden on My heart. For God taketh no pleasure in the death of the wicked. My long-suffering and grace have continued because I deeply desire that all men should come to repentance. But the grapes of wickedness are full, and the vats of the wine-presses are already beginning to receive the juice, and ere long they shall be running full.

For the time of the Gentiles are drawing to a close, and I come. Yea, be thou ready, for I come quickly.

From "Come Away My Beloved" by Frances J. Roberts

7 Comments:

At 19 April, 2006 06:49, Blogger Consecrated said...

Amen. Lord haste the day when we shall be caught up in the clouds to be with thee.

 
At 19 April, 2006 07:31, Blogger Revelation 2:17 said...

Now go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever:
That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD:
Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:
Get you out of the way, turn aside out of the path, cause the Holy One of Israel to cease from before us.
Isaiah 30:8-11

Despise not prophesyings.
1 Thessalonians 5:20

 
At 19 April, 2006 09:30, Blogger Redeemed said...

Amen, Carey, that is so true.

Soon and very soon, we are going to meet the King!

 
At 19 April, 2006 09:54, Blogger Kathryn said...

Wow. I love it.
It took me a while to read though...my mind doesn't process Ye Olde English too well.

 
At 19 April, 2006 13:57, Blogger Carey said...

Amen everyone!

Thanks, Rev. 2:17. Do you mind me asking your name, seeing as I might possibly have the privilege of meeting you this summer?

Madd, I know what you mean. *laughs* I think it is sad, though, that many young people (esp. Americans) have a hard time with older English and think it boring. I grew up reading and memorizing the KJV, so it's not much of a problem for me. Helps if you read Shakespeare too. Many young people think it's really tedious, but old English is really a beautfil language.

Oh, don't get me started on how the Americans have hideously butchered the English language. *steams and vents*

 
At 19 April, 2006 20:08, Blogger Kathryn said...

*heh* I read a book (Titus: Comrade of the Cross) that was entirely Olde English. It was only about two inched thick, but it took me weeks to finish. The plot was awesome but it was so hard to get into.
I like typing like that though, however hard to read.

 
At 19 April, 2006 21:18, Blogger Carey said...

Hey, isn't that a G.A. Henty book?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home