17 August 2006

"Dancing in the Rain"

Here's that song I mentioned. Still working on the music for it -- maybe I can eventually make a recording.

1) Clouds roll in, dark and fierce,
Bringing pain with the rain.
Everyone flees to escape,
Yet here I remain... here I remain.

(Chorus)
It pours and pounds, drowning all sound –
A deaf’ning roar all around –
But the joy I have will ever find me
Dancing in the rain. (2x)

2) Lord, times will come, like black’ned clouds,
Bringing sorrow with the rain,
But the joy You give will ever find me
Dancing in the rain. (2x)

3) On that cross You bowed Your head
As the clouds rolled in.
The thunder loud drowned out all sound,
Except for one familiar strain...
“Father, to Your hands I commit my spirit.” (spoken)
... That found You dying in the rain.

It poured and pound – drowned out all sound –
A deaf’ning roar all around.
The very earth cried out
To see you dying in the rain.

But the joy I have because You died
Finds me dancing in the rain.

...Find me dancing in the rain.


Carey Nofziger
o9 August 2006

1 Comments:

At 17 August, 2006 17:53, Blogger Redeemed said...

Beautiful, Carey, I really love the lyrics. I like your third stanza.

Hope you get it on music soon!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home