02 September 2006

Swing

Just returned home from swing (and it's now 1 am). New record: 8 dance partners. The quotient continues to increase by two... maybe next time it will be 10.

One of the guys actually danced with me more than once. (He was a bit of a flirt.) Julia and I were chatting and planning to leave when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Hi, um, would you dance with me again?" he smiled charmingly.

"Uh, sure..." I glanced at Jules as he took my hand and led me to the dance floor. He chatted with me, asking how long I had been dancing because I was a "good dancer," blah blah blah. That sort of thing. Then he danced the next dance with me too. One beneficial thing I got out of that was I learned how to do the Charleston.

Another guy I recognized from Jer's high school choir (whose name is also Jeremy). He noticed me earlier snapping photos with a Canon EOS Digital Rebel (David's professional camera that he kindly loaned to me) and I discovered that he also liked photography. So of course he asked me to dance with him.

The camera got me another dance partner too. Another guy I danced with is a photography major at UNT -- we chatted about cameras while dancing. I think I should bring the expensive camera more often. Some guys are really impressed with that, apparently.

Most of my dance partners entertained themselves by flirting with me.

"You're very intelligent," one commented, hearing of my college major. What? Did you run some IQ test on me?

Another needed the "occasional replacement of the hand" move. Keep your hand off my lower back, buddy. If that hand goes any further I shall have to remove it.

One good thing happened -- I talked to the guy who heads up the swing group in Denton, and I get to help create a website and promotion material. He needed someone to delegate and who knows how to create a website -- so TADA! He's going to e-mail me some ideas for the website so we can get that started. And then I can do some promotion in the College Life group so we can expand our small swing group. This will be fun. The guy had a vision -- he just needed someone who can delegate and communicate with people. So I'm sort of like Public Relations.

[Note: I'll post pictures from swing later and include a link when the website's up and running.]

6 Comments:

At 03 September, 2006 08:27, Blogger Julia said...

Lol. I just forgot what I was going to say.
Woops.
Anyway, last night was fun. :)

 
At 03 September, 2006 08:38, Blogger Carey said...

*chuckles* Poor Julia...

Don't worry, Mom, Sarge will keep them in line. ;-) I'll stomp on their feet with my combat boots. :-D

 
At 03 September, 2006 13:06, Blogger RobertDWood said...

Yeah, fancy gadgets are one of the fastest (and safest) ways to get a guys attention.

And why is saying your intelligent being flirtatious? Honesty is the best policy.

 
At 03 September, 2006 19:29, Blogger Carey said...

Haha... I'll keep that in mind.

Personally, I think calling someone intelligent after less than 5 minutes of conversation is a little over-board, but that's just me.

I wonder what would happen if I went to swing without makeup and looking my dumpiest...

 
At 04 September, 2006 05:44, Blogger RobertDWood said...

Still with the camera?

You'd still dance. :D

 
At 04 September, 2006 16:59, Blogger untamed said...

Wow! Sounds like fun! I'm hoping to learn how to swing. (preferably before next Sat.) We are going to have some swing dances next Sat. at the formal my friends and I are having. And I echo Palm Boy's statement. Apparently gadgets are a way to get some guys attention real fast. ( I learned the hard way :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home