11 October 2006

Constructive Posting

Just to let you all know (in case you haven't figured it out already): the reason for my sparse posting is due to a very full schedule. I want to concentrate a little more on my studies and am getting more involved in ministry, so my plate is quite full with just those two things (not to mention work and everything else). I didn't fall off the earth, I've just better prioritized my life.

Beginning next semester, I'm hoping to start a Bible study group for college ladies. We will be known as the SWAP Team (Singles With A Purpose). Plans are still formulating, curriculum being searched, and much prayer invested, but I am thrilled beyond words at the prospect of teaching a young women's Bible study. I'm praying that the Lord will see things through (if it's His will) and work in me.

There are many things in my life that need working on, but I am spending this time to learn so that I in turn can share my findings with other college women. I get no greater joy or satisfaction than when I'm expounding the Word and encouraging other women in their faith. That's all I want to do (if you can't already tell from many of my posts).

From now on, posting will be less frequent (some days I don't even get to my computer), but it will be more edifying and constructive. A verse I read this morning in Ecclesiastes 5 really convicted me...
Do not be rash with your mouth, and let not your heart
utter anything hastily before God. For God is in heaven, and you on earth; therefore let your words be few. (Eccl. 5:2)
Ephesians 4:29 states...
Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good
for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.

I want my writings to be good for necessary edification and impart grace to my readers.

4 Comments:

At 12 October, 2006 09:59, Blogger BeautyBlogger said...

That Bible Study group sounds great. :) Thanks for taking the time to post such thoughtful and edifying posts! :)

 
At 12 October, 2006 18:44, Blogger Redeemed said...

Looking forward to your postings, as always.

 
At 19 October, 2006 09:40, Blogger Julia said...

Swap girls?
Uhoh.

 
At 19 October, 2006 10:17, Blogger Carey said...

*laughs* Yeah, maybe we should wear camo too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home