21 May 2006

For my Mommy

Mama, I'm sorry I didn't post this on Mother's Day, but I just wanted to declare my thanks to you in public. You have been the solid spiritual influence in my life -- something I can't thank you enough for. Thank you for training me, not only in the Word of God, but taking charge of my education and homeschooling me for twelve years. I know you sacrificed much to raise me and my brothers. Your sacrifice does not go unnoticed. Thank you for being my best friend, crying with me, laughing with me, and even getting into cat-fights with me. Thank you for exhorting me and pulling me aside when you see me faltering on the narrow path.

You didn't get the chance to be honored when I stubbornly refused to have a highschool graduation, so this is my feeble attempt to honor you before others. "I love you" doesn't quite do justice, so all I can say is that I hope to be such a strong and godly influence in my children's lives as you have been in mine. Thank you, Mama.

Strength and honor are her clothing;
She shall rejoice in time to come.
She opens her mouth with wisdom,
And on her tongue is the law of kindness.
She watches over the ways of her household,
And does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children rise up and call her blessed;
Her husband also, and he praises her:
“Many daughters have done well,

But you excel them all.
Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing,
But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised.
Give her of the fruit of her hands,
And let her own works praise her in the gates.

Proverbs 31:25-31

4 Comments:

At 21 May, 2006 19:56, Blogger Redeemed said...

Carey, that is the sweetest post. I hope your mommy read it.

I do not know her (though I had the privilege of speaking to her a little bit on the phone - she has a cute voice just like you) very well, but I know YOU. She has certainly done an excellent job by raising up a daughter as beautiful, wise, mature and charming as you are.

May the Lord bless your relationship and always keep you as close as you are.

You are both wonderful ladies, virtuous women!

 
At 22 May, 2006 04:41, Blogger Carey said...

She did read it... and cried (of course). I was crying as I wrote it (but you know why I am being so emotional, Sarah, lol).

My mommy is awesome! I think our moms would get along really well, Sarah. You've got a great mommy too!

 
At 22 May, 2006 07:34, Blogger Consecrated said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 22 May, 2006 07:36, Blogger Redeemed said...

lol, yes I know.

Our mommys are wonderful. I cannot wait for them to meet each other.

*I deleted the above comment. It was signed in under mom's login...speaking of mommys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home