13 May 2006

GIRL!

Jer had a sleep-over with his youth group leaders and huddle group guys tonight. Being the nice older sister that I am, I drove him (in my car of course, because Mom's van is "embarrassing"). I dropped him off a little early and got a tour of Wes and Troy's apartment, which is actually located in one of the church buildings. Not bad... for a couple of bachelors. I half expected... I won't tell you what I expected. *shudder* Let's just say it was cleaner than I expected.

I then drove to the nearby Wal-Mart to pick up some things for Mom and get the last remaining touches to her Mother's Day present -- along with some Doritos for the guys -- before returning to the Hangar (half-gym, half-loft) to give the guys their Doritos. I knocked on the door. Wes stuck his head out, then turned back and shouted, "GIRL!" I was puzzled at this odd behavior until a sweaty, shirtless guy streaked pass my line of vision. Wes looked a little embarrassed. My first inclination was to scream "Oh my virgin eyes!" but I refrained. Instead, I handed Wes the chips with a slightly stunned look on my face. I think the guys may have been playing dodgeball, but I shall not even try to speculate. Male behavior is beyond my comprehension. God had a sense of humor when He made males.

The Lord formed man from the dust of the earth. Then God scratched His head and laughed, saying, "This is funny."

9 Comments:

At 13 May, 2006 20:37, Blogger Angie said...

Great post, Carey! That got a good laugh out of me. :D

Men are utterly incomprehensible, aren't they? (They probably think the same thing about us, though...)

 
At 13 May, 2006 20:48, Blogger Carey said...

Like four-year old Taylor (of whom I am nanny) said, "Boys are weird."

 
At 14 May, 2006 07:25, Blogger Julia said...

AHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAA.HAAHAH.HA.
Im going to tease wes to death about this. MUHAHA.

 
At 14 May, 2006 12:58, Blogger Redeemed said...

lol, that is funny!

 
At 14 May, 2006 13:08, Blogger RobertDWood said...

Shirts or Skins basketball, I guess.

Dodgeball on bare skin HURTS.

How did you get drafted into the dorititos duty?

 
At 14 May, 2006 19:55, Blogger Consecrated said...

Cute.

Please, I wouldn't want to be anywhere close to a room full of sweaty teenage boys. I have seen one of my own at that point one day and, boy, he stank.

Man was created from the dust of the earth, so when they are dirty they are in their element, our pastor jokes.

Woman on the other hand was taken from man's rib. She was not made from dirt. That's why women love cleanliness he adds.

 
At 15 May, 2006 04:39, Blogger Carey said...

*laughs* Oh, don't I know they stink! (Personally, I think they smell like dogs when they get all sweaty and yucky, but that may just be my brothers.) While I myself don't mind getting sweaty and dirty I do eventually like to be clean and smell nice. Feminine instinct I suppose. The world would be a stinky place without us! (And I have heard that reasoning behind men and women's levels of cleanliness.)

Robert, you were right. They were playing "shirtless basketball." Bizarre creatures. Dodgeball on bare skin does hurt. It also hurts when you get hit in the head. I wasn't drafted into dorito-duty, I just did it out of the kindness of my heart. *laughs*

Julia, you'll have more to tease Wes about when you hear what those knuckleheads did. Have Jeremy tell you.

 
At 16 May, 2006 05:06, Blogger Kathryn said...

No, that's not a "Sense of humor". That's "Temporary insanity", kay?

Great post though...My dad's asking me why I'm laughing like a fool.

 
At 16 May, 2006 12:38, Blogger Carey said...

*laughs* Any girl who has a brother can identify with this. Boys are just plain weird, but strangely endearing. Well, some of them are. Others you just have to roll your eyes at.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home