17 May 2006

Trying to Keep Busy

Today... well, actually yesterday since it's 12:25 AM as I write... was another long work day. Thirteen hours. Since the spring semester finshed, I've pretty much been working a full 40-hour week. Summer is proving to be just as busy as the school year. I don't think I'll be slowing down any time soon.

There are also three trips to look forward to, along with a few one-day events. While browsing through my city's events planned for the summer I discovered a Middle Eastern dance troupe that will be coming in July. Fascinated with the Middle East, I'll take any chance I get to immerse myself in its diverse cultures.

I even devised a schedule for myself on off days. Bizarre, I know. Tommorrow... eh, today... I will try to test it out, although it doesn't look like I'll be waking up at 5:30 AM.

Sorry, for the mindless blabbing. You could probably care less about my cluttered schedule, but do not fear, I promise my next post will be intellectually stimulating. I am just trying to keep myself very busy so as to keep my little self out of trouble. Hey, it works. When you're dead tired, trouble is too much effort.


6 Comments:

At 18 May, 2006 05:48, Blogger RobertDWood said...

Trouble is to much effort...

Go to sleep Carey. You need it.

 
At 18 May, 2006 05:52, Blogger Redeemed said...

ooh, poor carey...carey needs sleep.

Work really exhausts you. That is why my Pastor says those who work, just hit the bed at night, cuz they're tired, and the lazy can have sleepless nights.

Ok, now I am babbling. I hope you were able to get some sleep!!

 
At 18 May, 2006 07:22, Blogger Angie said...

I post what sometimes seems to me like mindless drivel and people keep coming back for more...

Seriously, I enjoy hearing about what other people are doing. It makes the intellectual conversations more meaningful and real.

 
At 18 May, 2006 16:57, Blogger Carey said...

Robert, thanks. I didn't actually go to sleep until 2 AM. Insomnia or insanity? Don't answer that question.

Sarah, maybe I do need help. *laughs* (We all need help.) Work does exhaust you. Your pastor is quite right, except that I still suffer from insomnia, even though I have (on average) 12-hour work days. It's hard to sleep when your mind is constantly running. Wish I could turn it off.

Angie, glad to hear someone likes my mindless drivel. *chuckle* I like yours!

 
At 20 May, 2006 06:56, Blogger Consecrated said...

Carey,

You go to bed at 2 and get up at 5:30am? You are going to have a hard time keeping me awake till 2 am. For your and Sarah's sake,I must hurry up and find me a house with a finished basement.There you can giggle and laugh till daybreak. As for me, I will be sound asleep upstairs.

 
At 23 May, 2006 07:14, Blogger Carey said...

*laughs* A basement might be a good idea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home