09 June 2006

Farewell

I bid thee all farewell for a week. Jer, Jason, and I are leaving for Awana camp early tommorrow morning. Thought I'd leave you with this poem that my mom found (not written by me).

My life is but a weaving
Between my God and me.
I cannot choose the colors
He weaveth steadily.
Oft’ times He weaveth sorrow;
And I in foolish pride
Forget He sees the upper
And I the underside.
Not ‘til the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly
Will God unroll the canvas
And reveal the reason why.
The dark threads are as needful
In the weaver’s skillful hand
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned
He knows, He loves, He cares;
Nothing this truth can dim.
He gives the very best to those
Who leave the choice to Him.

~ Anonymous

6 Comments:

At 09 June, 2006 15:41, Blogger Redeemed said...

Good poem indeed!

I'm glad you are all three going to camp tomorrow and I will pray for traveling mercies and ministry opportunities. Awana camp is FUN!!!!!

I will miss you very much *cries uncontrollably* and will visit this blog every day, since it's the closest I will be able to get to you, snif, snif.

May the Lord bless all you campers (leaders and clubbers).

LOVE YA THIS MUUUUCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I miss u already :(

 
At 10 June, 2006 06:36, Blogger Angie said...

Return to me, oh my dear I'm so lonely...Hurry back, hurry back, hurry back...

 
At 10 June, 2006 08:51, Blogger Hannah said...

Hi Carey! I hope you have a great time at Awana camp.

Could you please email me? I'm not sure I have your current email address.

 
At 16 June, 2006 06:15, Blogger Redeemed said...

Hi Carey,

I miss you :( It's Friday and I am soon leaving for my trip. I do hope to get internet access asap, so I can touch base with you.

I know you will be on your way back soon. I just wanted to let you know that I have not stopped my prayers for you. May the Lord's hand be upon Jer, Jason and you as He brings you back home safely. And soon, you're off to Mexico! Hurrah!

Sarah misses Carey *sobs* :(

 
At 17 June, 2006 16:21, Blogger Angie said...

Are you back yet?

 
At 18 June, 2006 07:32, Blogger RobertDWood said...

Are you back yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home