21 June 2006

Pray Boldly

Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. (1 John 5:14-15)

Last week I prayed for a challenging week -- and I got it. Looking back now, I wouldn't change a single thing -- I came out stronger. So this time, I'm praying for an extra challenging week in Mexico. *gulp* There, I said it. Lord, I want even more challenge this time. Call me a glutton for punishment if you will (I may be regretting my own prayers within a few days), but the results will be well worth it.

For You, O God, have tested us; You have refined us as silver is refined. (Psalm 66:10)

I encourage all of you to pray boldly. You will never ceased to be challenged, surprised, and strengthened!


6 Comments:

At 21 June, 2006 13:06, Blogger Angie said...

I prayed boldly and God answered that prayer. He really does answer!

 
At 21 June, 2006 14:19, Blogger Carey said...

I sense a phone call coming on...

 
At 22 June, 2006 04:19, Blogger Angie said...

Not really, since I told you about it the last time we talked - it was about the money for this coming semester. That was a bold prayer for me!

 
At 22 June, 2006 07:51, Blogger Carey said...

Oh, that was an awesome answer to prayer! But I may call you anyway if I get the chance before I leave tomorrow.

 
At 22 June, 2006 13:15, Blogger Angie said...

Absolutely! I should be home all evening, so Skype me (ibexscribe) or call me on my cell. It's a new month, so I have minutes ;).

 
At 22 June, 2006 13:15, Blogger Angie said...

Oh, I do like the new picture :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home