21 April 2006

Girls Day Out

Yesterday was "Girls Day Out" with Julia. I brought my lap top and we parked in her room to watch "Never Been Kissed" (with Drew Barrymore). It wasn't a masterpiece, but it was cute; struck a chord with me because I could identify with the main character.

We then ran a couple of errands before heading to a little restaurant where a former classmate of mine works. He was our waiter for the evening and even paid for our appetizer (which was so nice).

"Maybe I should bring you more often, Jules," I laughed.

"I think he likes you," she pointed out after he had left.

"Me?" I looked around suspiciously. "Nah, not like that. He can't be attracted to me."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm not the kind of girl that guys like that would be physically attracted to. Come on, Jules, look at me."

"Well you never know..." she went back to her soup.

"Why on earth would you think that he liked me... other than as a friend?"

"Oh there are these ways," she smiled.

"I must be oblivious, then."

"I need to give you lessons in identifying subtle flirtatious behavior."

"Uuuuhhh... okay..."

We finished our delicious dinner and proceeded to pay the bill. Julia noticed another waiter (whom she thought was cute) and contemplated giving him her phone number.

"I've never done anything like this before," she laughed nervously. "Maybe I shouldn't."

"It would be pretty funny."

Julia ended up giving my classmate her phone number and asking him to give it to the "cute waiter." She was so nervous she was shaking when we walked out the door. I couldn't stop laughing. Julia has a lot more nerve than I ever would.

6 Comments:

At 21 April, 2006 05:50, Blogger RobertDWood said...

Weeeelll.. Paying for an apetizer was the first clue.

Never heard of the movie. Probably don't want to see it either. :D

 
At 21 April, 2006 10:01, Blogger Carey said...

Trust me, Robert, you wouldn't want to see it.

I thought paying for the appetizer was just being nice.

 
At 21 April, 2006 14:20, Blogger Carey said...

Aw, thanks Danielle. You're sweet.

 
At 22 April, 2006 02:43, Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

I think you are pretty enougth to get plenty of attention.

I can often be quite flirtatious towards girls without really thinking about it. I sort of get extremely polite.

Every Blessing in Christ

Matthew

 
At 22 April, 2006 06:53, Blogger Carey said...

I noticed.

 
At 23 April, 2006 07:48, Blogger Julia said...

Hehe.
That was a fun day!
And I never did teach you subtle flirting hints... not that you need to know lols.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home