21 August 2006

Peanut Butter Monster

Gracie and I went to play at my friend Amanda's house with her three little girls (four and under) this morning. The natives ran amuck while I helped Amanda think of a schedule for when school starts (she's going to homeschool her oldest, Nivelle - yay!).

We then had lunch and I gave Gracie a spoonful of peanut butter (her favorite) to eat along with the rest of her food. Oh horror of horrors. Words cannot describe the utter mess that Gracie can cause with peanut butter, so with the aid of my camera phone, I simply give you a stunning visual reference. Aleeza (18 months) sat next to me and cordially patted my shoulder with her peanut butter hands and generously offered me her ABC celery. I politely declined.

Needless to say, Gracie needed a bath (and there was no way she was going in my car like that). Amanda was nice enough to loan me her tub, so I promptly disrobed my red-headed native and gingerly placed her in the tub before scrubbing her down. After thanking Amanda and saying goodbye to the girls, I put the diapered native in my car and sang her to sleep on the way home. Now she's asleep in bed (praise the Lord). I'm hoping she naps for a long time today -- she didn't nap for me on Friday. That was a long day.

9 Comments:

At 21 August, 2006 12:28, Blogger ~*Joyzey*~ said...

You can make all that sound so sweet. How do you do it?

 
At 21 August, 2006 12:29, Blogger Kathryn said...

Sounds almost as bad as when I gave Zipper a big glop of thistle seeds and peanut butter. He liked the seeds, but not the peanut butter.
That was fun.

The natives dressed in war-paint (peanut oil-based, of course) for their ritual dance?

 
At 21 August, 2006 12:37, Blogger Carey said...

Joy: Don't know. Guess the Lord just gave me a knack for seeing the humor in everything - especially children.

Katy: Of course the natives painted themselves before the ritual. You should see what they do with fingerpaints. Stunning body art.

 
At 21 August, 2006 13:08, Blogger RobertDWood said...

The Natives? Do her parents read this site?

 
At 21 August, 2006 17:01, Blogger Redeemed said...

Gracie actually looks really cute in the picture. Only children can get this messy, and still remain looking "cute"!!

 
At 21 August, 2006 19:13, Blogger Julia said...

You really like the word natives....

 
At 22 August, 2006 09:49, Blogger Carey said...

I thought the term quite fitting, but perhaps I should interchange "natives" with "tribal people" or "peanut gallery."

 
At 23 August, 2006 15:45, Blogger RobertDWood said...

The Indengenous Locals is about the same.

 
At 23 August, 2006 19:52, Blogger Kathryn said...

Peanut Gallery. xDD Excellent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home